Pinging, why?

longmont

I knew what pings were for in my blogger days, it was to send a notification that new content was available, but searching for "pinging" software shows hundreds of tools that will ping thousand and thousands of pings for you. What good does that do at all, doesn't Google "not like" more than 1 ping? I must be missing something, because I don't think any of those tools would exist if people kept getting banned using them, could someone adept with SEO clue me in on this, please? :neutral:

Nytshade

I knew what pings were for in my blogger days, it was to send a notification that new content was available, but searching for "pinging" software shows hundreds of tools that will ping thousand and thousands of pings for you. What good does that do at all, doesn't Google "not like" more than 1 ping? I must be missing something, because I don't think any of those tools would exist if people kept getting banned using them, could someone adept with SEO clue me in on this, please? :neutral:
I would suggest that you check out Sid's (elcidofaguy) post about pining here:

https://www.webmastersun.com/thread...Each-Blog-Post-is-Important?p=50408#post50408

Peter

As a definition on the internet.

Ping is a basic Internet program that allows a user to verify that a particular IP address exists and can accept requests.
It is only let search engines or other sites know your site/post that you are pinging to them are existing hence i doesn't help in SEO and search ranking.

emmaclark

Pinging is good for new website/blog for quick indexing and crawling. Otherwise it's wastage of time if we ping every new URL of a well-established blog.

TheRealRazzy

Pinging a website or new page won't get your top rankings. It's more of a dinner bell that you're ringing in order to bring in the search engine spiders to come crawl your pages.

It's up to the search engines if they want to index your page or not, so don't get discouraged if you don't see your page in the SERPs.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.