These SEO ranking factors are not true, correct?

Ryan_132

After reading an article titled SEO Trust Factor: Most important Off Page Factors.
I disagreed with a lot of what the author was arguing... As I am still learning, I just wanted to double check with you all

False?
Amount of returning visitors
Average time on site
Sharing on Social media # of social shares
"Trust can be determined by the ratio of page views/visitors and bounce rate." - I know I have learned bounce rate (visits with one page view/ total visits) is not a ranking factor but what about page views/ visitors ? That seems like the same thing

True?
Website Age
CTR

harrygreen90

After reading an article titled SEO Trust Factor: Most important Off Page Factors.
I disagreed with a lot of what the author was arguing... As I am still learning, I just wanted to double check with you all

False?
Average time on site
"Trust can be determined by the ratio of page views/visitors and bounce rate." - I know I have learned bounce rate (visits with one page view/ total visits) is not a ranking factor but what about page views/ visitors ? That seems like the same thing

True?
Website Age
CTR
In my personal opinion, all these factors are false.
You can test it by write a good article (using medium and high competition keywords) on a domain with good history, sharing it on social media sites and see if it will be on top of Google after 1 or 3 months or not. When you will know website age and CTR are not ranking factors because I also had a domain name 6 months old but had more keywords on top Google.

Katherin Watson Jr

False?
Average time on site

True?
Website Age
CTR
I agreed with you mostly. However, as I noticed with some of my sites, the average time on site does impact SEO.
For one site I posted a very long article, it often ranks higher than other posts.

SEOPub

I agreed with you mostly. However, as I noticed with some of my sites, the average time on site does impact SEO.
For one site I posted a very long article, it often ranks higher than other posts.
No. Average time on a page has zero impact on rankings. Google has no clue how long people spend on most pages. Most websites are not running Google Analytics, so Google cannot gather that data.

What you saw was just a coincidence.

False?
Average time on site

True?
Website Age
CTR
Whoever wrote that those things were ranking factors was an idiot. I would ignore anything else they have to say.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.