Can I promote my website just with social media?

PenguinManiac

Websites and brands can be promoted with many different tools, but social medias have proven to be the most effective of them in the past few years: you get in close touch with users, they're less invasive and they're generally more effective at redirecting traffic.
Given this, if I were to promote my website, could I rely on social networks only? Buying ads for a personal website seems like a waste, and I feel like affiliate marketing wouldn't work too well in the early stages.

galegatling

Yes indeed you can! And like what you have said, social medias have been proven to boost your website's traffic.
If you are starting out, you need to take advantage of the social media. It's where it all begins.
You can join groups that are relevant to your website and you will surely get traffic.

Cheers!

Unknown

I am also a huge advocate of social media marketing and advertising. I think if used correctly, it can be one of the most effective tools to use.

However, I always spoke about the advantages of using as many different tools as you can because each one can provide different things, or reach different markets. I think that you should perhaps consider SEO combined with social media promotion - those two combinations can work so amazingly hand-in-hand.

In the end, it is always your own decision and preference. If you feel really comfortable only using social media promotion then stick to it and use it to your advantage. It can be better than dividing your resources and attention across other things - unless you are very experienced or want to hire somebody else to do things like SEO for you.

vinaya

SMM or social media marketing is not enough for the success of website, you need to market on search engines (SEM) as well. You also need to do SEO, search engine optimization, or SMO, social media optimization. You can of course drive traffic from social media, however, you will have to look for other avenues as well. You need more time marketing your content than writing your content. Social media can become a good platform to market your website because it is available for free, you need to exploit social media as much as you can.

Cathy

Social media is an inexpensive and powerful way to promote your website. When you're promoting your content through social media keep in mind that images are getting more engagements. The title is also important because your goal is to grab someone’s attention.
Here are some tips which can help you get more engagements:
- Post your content multiple times. Also create multiple titles and do split testing to see which title is the most effective.
- Find out what is the best time for sharing your content. The content needs to reach as many people as possible, so do some experiment and find out when your audience is active. If you're using Facebook to promote your site Facebook Insights is very helpful.
- Followerwonk is also very powerful tool which can help you analyzing and optimizing social growth
- Make sure you communicate with your audience

Hope this helps!

Jack_Dan

Of course, you should promote your website on social media. Social media generates millions of traffics every day, and most of the blogs and website owners use social media advertising to generate traffics for their niche. Facebook advertising is the most effective social media tool to promote your website and blogs. Their ad campaign is getting better every year, and you will get a lot of other options to get targeted audiences for your niche.

centurion

Websites and brands can be promoted with many different tools, but social medias have proven to be the most effective of them in the past few years: you get in close touch with users, they're less invasive and they're generally more effective at redirecting traffic.
Given this, if I were to promote my website, could I rely on social networks only? Buying ads for a personal website seems like a waste, and I feel like affiliate marketing wouldn't work too well in the early stages.
To promote personal website on social media is popularly called as a social media optimization. You have to full fill your social media profile with accurate information and also website information accurately. If you have scope than you have to add minimum 150 words with your website and you can provide some keywords also in specific category and sub category based. This is call social media optimization. Social media optimization is an important method to increase your website position on search engine result page and also will increase the traffic of your website and also will increase the website page rank day by day. Every time use new and unique description for getting more traffic for the life time.

Thanks
Centurion

PenguinManiac

Whoa, thanks for all the replies!

However, I always spoke about the advantages of using as many different tools as you can because each one can provide different things, or reach different markets. I think that you should perhaps consider SEO combined with social media promotion - those two combinations can work so amazingly hand-in-hand.
SMM or social media marketing is not enough for the success of website, you need to market on search engines (SEM) as well. You also need to do SEO, search engine optimization, or SMO, social media optimization.
I agree, I can't use social media advertising alone. I knew SEO and I know its importance, but SMO is new to me. How does it differ from the advertising itself?

Here are some tips which can help you get more engagements:
- Post your content multiple times. Also create multiple titles and do split testing to see which title is the most effective.
- Find out what is the best time for sharing your content. The content needs to reach as many people as possible, so do some experiment and find out when your audience is active. If you're using Facebook to promote your site Facebook Insights is very helpful.
- Followerwonk is also very powerful tool which can help you analyzing and optimizing social growth
- Make sure you communicate with your audience
Great tips, thank you! I hadn't considered thinking out a posting schedule, it's kinda obvious looking back at it now. Followerwonk looks nice, although I prefer Hootsuite (it also works with other social medias, if I'm not wrong).

Reactions: centurion

centurion

centurion
SMO means social media optimization. Its a very much easy method. Just registration with your complete details and your website full details.Social Media optimization is an important technique of White hat SEO- off page optimization which play an important role for changing the website position on search engine and life time traffic generation from social media search engines.

Thanks
Centurion

Ergoprime

There are a lot of sites that only get traffic from social networks. So yeah, it is possible. You just need to have a good strategy and knowledge about the social networks that you are going to use. I would recommend you to focus on 2-3 networks at first and learn how they work. It's often much more complicated to reach a big audience than people think.

You should also prepare to buy a social media management tool. I use one and I am able to post in dozens of Facebook groups per day. You can get a serious amount of traffic if you use groups. Facebooks, Google Plus and especially Pinterest are great networks to build traffic for the long term.

Claimconsultantsll

Social media channels are good for promoting you website but you are not totally rely upon them. You have to do something extra to drive more traffic to your website.

centurion

centurion
Application programming interface based social media marketing and social media optimization is the most and good way to drive traffic for your website. Social media optimization with your profile details and your website details will generate a huge traffic for your website from every social media search engine platform.

Thanks
Centurion

Irma

I would use social media and long-tail keywords to give your website traction. That way you have the best of both worlds.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
I agree but I am just curious which social networking sites will you focus on? free or paid methods?
and which tools or how will you use long-tail keywords to drive traffic to your site?
I used paid ad from social media but they consumed more money while less effective and free methods will need more efforts and time consuming.

Irma

1) It totally depends on your niche. You would need to know where your audience hangs out the most and start with that social platform. Both free and paid traffic.

2) I use Niche Genetics to find long tail keywords but there are other tools as well that you can use. If you have the bucks then Ahrefs would be great. KWFinder is also useful

3) Yes, free methods take longer but if you are building a site with long tail keywords that you have researched and know will rank (in time) then those keywords also tend to stick and will earn you more money in the long run. Paid method helps to get results faster. That is why I said both but you need to be careful with paid methods and make sure that you are not losing money.

Alexander Parker

I think it is pretty good option, but you need to mix up things, as it is what will help up things. So, that’s why I believe multiple ways is best. If we just go with one way then it might not exactly gain us great levels, so that’s why various ways can bring a lot of benefit.

manmad

It really depends on your following and the kind of niche you are in, if it's a website that isn't focused on countless of posts that people wouldn't read then it might not work, however if it has an interesting and simple design and it is related to the social media profile then it will work.

gadislade

You can use social networks as a supportive tools to your business, I would suggest you not only depends on social network do something extra also side by side.

JonathanS

Nowadays, social media can be a powerful tool in the world of online promotion. Can you solely promote your website through social media? Well, yes, though I suggest if you do to become a master of your craft. Personally, I like to use multiple sources of promotion besides social media. Though it's one of my main leads for traffic in general. Especially on a mass level.

kim16

That's not far from impossible. But the problem I see here is, your reach will be limited to those who only have access on the digital world. Today, traditional and online marketing are better converged to attract targets.

Rybert

Yes you can, you never know who will see your website, some people might advertise your website, if they like your site, so you never limit your method on advertising cause you will never know the potential market, anyone can be your market.

SirenOnFire

Promoting websites only through social media could work well enough for you, I have seen many achieve success only by this. Well, not only is it cheaper way of advertising, this I believe would be the best way to get the curiosity and interest of people. In Youtube for example, by making a video of you talking about your website could really garner the attention of viewers, plus, you could have feedback that might give you more ideas on how to make your website better, both ins visuals and content. Through this, you'll be able to see what people want or expect to see when they decide to open your website. Also in Facebook and Instagram for example, it will be easier to have more people that would go to your websites because you could tap people you know, and the people that they know. You can use somewhat like a networking style when promoting your website. People who know you already or are familiar to you would be easier to convince, than those who are strangers to you. That's just my opinion though.

jtahil

Yes. Social media websites these days strongly promote advertisements. Most of them require payment, of course. But if you are eager to promote your website, social media is the best choice considering the population in each platform. Just try to imagine paying a few bucks for ads to promote your website on Facebook, where last October 2012, Zuckerberg announced that there are approximately 1 billion active users. Depending on how much you spend for the ads, even if you pay less, it will still reach enough crowd. Social media is indeed the best way to promote your website!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.