Are you dependent on social media?

victoroj

When talking about business, yes I am dependent to social medias. Because i do business over the internet. And without social medias, it would be hard to make the business rolling. When it comes to personal life, I would say I can live without social medias. I mean I can always communicate with my loved ones personally. Though social media is a great help in connecting people and a lot more ways.

ecole11j

Sadly, yes, both personally and to increase my personal brand. Facebook is more so for the former and Twitter more so for the latter. I recently moved cross country so for many of my friends and family still on the east coast, it's my best way to keep in touch. As for professionally, I'm in an industry that seems to do a majority of its branding through Twitter, so I follow suite. I try to update my professional Twitter at least twice a day, if not more.

sweetpot81

Social media is part of my daily routine as a way of communication. Primarily it saves me for spending alot through regular overseas call. It's beneficial for me. I just have to spend on my monthly internet top up and everything will be enjoyed in single payment. It's not an addiction but it's basic need in life like food and shelter. Communication is way for getting in touch and updated to what's happening around us. Social media has news, entertainment, games, music and alot more. With proper usage of all these benefits, learning at your fingertips is not possible.

leoandrew

Not really dependent but somehow taken for granted. I use social media when I want to or when I need to, I'm using it as a tool for communication, entertainment and for business. I don't really care if something went wrong to social media sites, I just get to another source if that happens.

JayChel

I'm dependent to social media when it comes to communicating with my friends. I found it easy and of course it's free, unlike calling and texting. But I seldom use social media (Facebook), I'm that kind of person who just scroll down my facebook wall.

pau18

Yes I can say that I am dependent on social media because everything can be seen on social media, like me I always watch You Tube and always use Facebook and Instagram because I am a hobbyist I would like to see new updates in what hobby I am in. And since I am here now at this forum it makes me want to read all the comments, replies and blogs to learn about the world of internet which is really new to me.

Constar442

Do you mean socially dependent? If you do. Its really a bad thing. Not being able to physically sociallize may lower your self steam. Confidence may black because you are not able to use it. Remember that anything that you don't use, you loose..

kailey

Thru social media I found my father and siblings that I've been longing to see for almost 26 year, so I could say that I've depended on social media. I have various social media accounts that I could really say that It's helpful and giving me so much fun. If I have spare time I usually spend it using my social media accounts, killing the boredom as i'm looking after my 3 months old daughter, while she's sleeping, her mom is busy browsing.

Heather

Social Media is not something you want to underestimate, but it is not something you can always rely as well. Trends change so fast, so if you are always dependent on social media it will also limit you to more improvements outside of it. You can always maximize the use of social media in every way possible that will benefits your business, that is more acceptable. We always need to adapt on the newest and trending to keep up, and think ahead at the same time. If you are a marketer being dependent on one tool is a suicide on the making.

subhodipd

I think that the social media has a lot of positives in connecting people, becoming highly dependent on social media can have adverse effects. Individuals who are too reliant on those social media sites can cause them to unlearn their social skills and make fake relationships, which in the real world it appears that we have less communication with people and weak relationships.
I am not addicted to any social media platform yet, but I must admit that I am spending a lot of time socializing there!
While I agree with the fact that Social media has an adverse effect on daily lives, it is one of the biggest tools of online marketing nowadays. Promoting your company becomes much more effective and easy when you choose to do it on social media.
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn help me to generate traffic and inbound links to my website and blogs and that is the primary reason I use them.

msg17

Yes, I am proud to say that I am pretty much dependent to social media. As a student, there are a lot of announcements that our professors extends to us students, through the use of social media. That is why I became too inclined and dependent to it. Because for me, if you are a student, it is pretty much necessary for you to always check your social media accounts. For various reasons. And being dependent on social media is not always a negative thing. Because if you always monitor your social media accounts, you will also be able to benefit from it.

wapaks

Social Media has a lot of good benefits to the people. However, it depends on you on how to balance it. Remember there are tons of fake, scammers and anything happening now on the social media. So you should be more carefull when dealing with.

fern2x2001

When it comes to spreading the news about my created contents and communicating with people that have queries about my uploaded contents, yes i am very dependent on using the social media. It's the only way for me to let my target demographic know that i am a content creator, i do stuff, make stuff and ask them if they could view my created contents and hopefully like and share them on social media. It's the easiest way to reach far and wide in just a matter of clicking the buttons and let them know that me and my created contents exists and could be of help to them in one way or the other.

joey_2tep

Well, in terms of getting in touch with some friends abroad, I would say I depend on social media. Undeniably, it is such as breakthrough from old school past when people would have to go to town proper for a long distance call, where you would have to pay more bucks for a very limited talk time.
Also, most information you need is on the social media. So if you don't have any social media account, man you really have to get out of the box, live the real world and create facebook and twitter account.

HazelDJ

I think that the social media has a lot of positives in connecting people, becoming highly dependent on social media can have adverse effects. Individuals who are too reliant on those social media sites can cause them to unlearn their social skills and make fake relationships, which in the real world it appears that we have less communication with people and weak relationships.
I am not addicted to any social media platform yet, but I must admit that I am spending a lot of time socializing there!
When it comes to social media, I still have reservations on it. I really do not rely 100%. Yes, social media is beneficiary to many people however, there are also its disadvantages. There are relationships that are broken and even to the extent that a person commits murder. It is because some just want to make fun with others, thus, posting information which is not true.

ayeshajan888

As of now, I'm dependent with social media especially Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. These are the most famous sites that people use in connecting with friends, relatives and even work. Nowadays, anywhere you go, you will see adults, young adults, and even kids using the social media sites it became everyone's way of life. For me, everyday I make it appoint to open these sites to get updated of what's happening or searching for new stuffs that are advertised or just read blogs and inspirational talks. Well, I'm dependent to it because these are the most practical tools to use for now.

IPlease

I would not consider myself to be dependent on social media. However I do think that having a presence on social media is nice and will help one out in the long run.

Catherine Martin

I am probably dependant, like most other people my age. It can be such a great tool to keep in touch and feel connected but I think there’s also a downside. Social media seems to be increasingly a platform for subtle (and not so subtle!) advertising and it’s a little exhausting to be bombarded with constantly I find.

Trent652x

I do feel that most people are dependent on social media. Given the current climate of the social world, I believe most people feel that they are being left out of 'the know' if they don't invest most of their time in a day to social media. I, myself, mostly only use social media to promote my products and services. I don't feel that I am dependent upon social media because it's not my only means of promotion, whereas most people use social media to stay connected to others and to stay current in entertainment news.

JB Fernandez

No. Life outside social media has a lot more to offer. Facebook friends cannot match up with real friends. You cannot find genuine happiness online. And you are just missing the gift of God for humanity by just being dependent on social media.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.