Is Facebook safe?

kailey

For me its No. No social media account is safe. It can be hacked anytime, it can be use for something illegal without your knowing if someone hacked ypur account. Its up to us on how we value our privacy, we dont post nor save private and confi information about us, then that's the time we can say that we are safe from any malicious harm by using facebook

pau18

I think Facebook is not safe anymore. But if we know it already we should just be careful in using it especially when posting. There are people who likes to post anything just because he/she wants to know that she/he lives a fabulous life or those who would like to make others (their rivals) envy their life. It is also not safe to our children, we cannot control what Facebook has to offer and so I always make sure that I visit my kids' Facebook.

HazelDJ

Controversies around Facebook had been there since the site began. The rumors about Facebook stealing your private information and selling it to other agencies for profit. Of course, Facebook denied this rumor and a lot of people moved on with their lives. Sometime in 2012, PRISM was exposed to the public and Edward Snowden told the public that Facebook and Google were among the companies that steals your personal data. Both companies have denied this, but can we really trust them their words? What do you guys think?
For me, I could not really tell who is the culprit in stealing information in some Facebook accounts. What ever it may be, it is better that we should not expose all the information in Facebook. In the kind of technology we have today, scamming and hacking is inevitable. Therefore, we must be careful at all times.

GabbyBoink29

People nowadays are on Social Media especially Facebook. But is Facebook safe? I believe it really depend's on how people use Facebook. There are few fake people behind every Facebook Account. So i guess we should be more wise on using Facebook, especially on Adding people and talking to them.

ecole11j

I think Facebook and Google probably do keep and use your personal data. I think we've become wiling to give up some portion of our privacy in favor of convenience and entertainment. Maybe that's kind of sad, but for most people it's of little real consequence I guess.

Karl Joshua

Facebook has two phase. I cannot generalize this statement because there is gap in the question "is facebook safe?".

On the first face, I can say that facebook is ultimately safe with regards to your personal information. It cannot be accessed without your ninja password. You can block anyone you like even your family members. Pictures cannot be accessed if you just keep it for yourself. These things are the major features and guarantees of the facebook. Unless you share your password to someone and or your email password.

The second one pertains to the advertisements. You cannot say that these advertisements were random. Facebook contacts third party companies that observe your preferences in online business and then they will send you specific advertisements wherein you will be intrigue to buy that products online. I believe these are not the safe points in facebook. Even though these ads doesn't direct to your information but they monitor your lifestyle. CREEPY!

z-BO

If were pointing facebook, absolutely facebook is safe. If there is someone out there, who found themselves victim of scams through facebook, well in that matters facebook is out of the topic, its social media, it should be the user himself applying security for himself, and facebook will surely act as your last line of defense.

ogw11

Whenever you put your life out there, don't expect it to be completely private, because there are always exceptions. I do believe that Facebook can take your information and make ads based on who you are as a person, that's a given. However I do think it is also true in that it does not sell or give away your personal information. It is also good to just be careful in any situation involving the internet because you never know what can happen when you put your personal information out there! Also, be careful what information you share, because later it may come back at you. One time, I used my credit card on a certain website that I thought was safe, and it ended up being a scam. It happens all the time, just be careful.

junrose123

I am an avid user of Facebook for how many years already, so far I did not experience such incident where inmy in formations were hacked or steal by anybody. I think Facebook is still safe, It only maybe matters on how you use Facebook, we must be very careful in every post or clicks that we are going to make because it might affect our reputation or credibility in the future. Sometimes being responsible for our own actions is much better since now a days social sites are becoming a trend or hot spots for hackers and scammers. So, we must be vigilant and be smart at all times.

Earl Julius

True or not we all should be wise enough. It's not enough to regulate the things that we posts, but also limit the information that we add on our profile pages in facebook. Let's face it, facebook as a company is there not only to connect people and give people services, their primary goal is to earn profits. I wouldn't be surprised if all the allegations about fb and other social networking sites are true.

mirabella

I think that if we don't put the complete information about us or complete profile it would be still safe. So each of us must not provide the complete information about ouself.

Crist

Facebook is safe. Its the people you need to worry. The company is nothing to do in terms of stealing identities or hacking or anything like that. There is no big company that will do that if they already making tons of money. The people who are using facebook is the one that you need to be afraid. Remember billions of people are using facebook everyday, assume 5% of that will have this kind of intent. What really matters is how can you protect your information. Just be cautious and be alert on any links, advertisements and people you don't know.

Traffic

Suicides and terrorists are reported so not so safe if your not thick skinned but you still need to be vain to use it. If your putting your face out there then personal is out the window if only pushing advertising then your personal data would be trace able other ways. You just need share the same mentality as the mob and cry for the dying rainforests.

Brandians

For me its not. Because Facebook leaked information; and Millions of Instagram Passwords were Exposed.

DeerPencil

No, any social media platform i think not save.here it is "Facebook Admits: Instagram Passwords Were Exposed to Company Employees". and its second time Facebook did that kind of thing.

OrlandoHernandezRe

With all the reports of companies getting hacked, information being stolen, as well as the entire personal identity theft issue, you may be left wondering whether Facebookis safe to utilize. In general, Facebook for a website is a fairly secure place. There is built-in safety that helps to safeguard your information and you.

davidmichaels

Facebook is not safe.

As you have mentioned there have been number of great controversies around Facebook. Last was when Mark had to give answers in front of Congress about the allegations made on Facebook.

They in particular not steal your data as you have given them the permission to keep your data. Don't believe me ? Check out their terms and conditions whenever you install the app on your device or signup for Facebook :D

Other than this they do sell your information to brands for marketing and branding purposes.

For an experiment: Keep your mobile in your hands and talk about a particular thing 4 to 5 times a day (be it any product/service) you will start seeing ads in couple of days or may be the same hour :D

Another experiment: Surf internet looking for a product or service or software and after few hours you will start seeing ads related to your search :D

This is because we all have given them access to our search activity as well as microphone of your mobile :D

For further queries you can read this article about Facebook being safe: What does Facebook knows about me

Portillo90

In this perioud of time Facebook became more safe ,because the configurations there much better then before . Even if you create new profile Facebook can block it because you use it not often . So as more you use your profile as much it will be better.

theDavidMau

Total, Facebook as a website is a pretty safe place.
There's built-in safety that helps to safeguard you and your information. 1 primary level of safety that Facebook utilizes is named SSL (Secure Socket Layer).

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
bug
Replies