Do you add everyone on Facebook?

ion

No, My Facebook account is exclusively for my friends and family only, I think if you want to add anyone on your Facebook, you should create another account and do not give your personal identity, It's really hard to trust someone right now.

HazelDJ

HazelDJ
Yes, we are on the same shoe. I do not add all persons who want me as their friends. I value my Facebook account. I see to it that those people whom I know and true can only see and read my account. I do this because I just want to avoid people whose purpose in life is to do wickedness suck as scamming or hacking as well.

waad32

waad32
Same with me, I usually don't add everyone who are sending me friend request on my FB account. It is not only for security purposes but sometimes, facebook gives me stress lol. As they say, you can't please everyone even your own relatives. Grudges and bashing mostly starts in an fb post (quotes or pics). However, facebook is still a good site to connect with friends and families.

genesis

I only add people I know and sure to trust. You see this is facebook, social media, everything you post will be part of the world, you are interconnected thru web. People who adds people they don't know or accept people just for fun, they're only after famousity, they want to be famous and be known. Would you like to be known because of your sexy outfit? That's the trend, the more sexy/ handsome you are, the more friends you can get. But sadly, face value will never last. But the things you are posting can last as long as the site is alive. So better be cautious about adding friends, some might only be a stalker, a maniac, not a real friend or so.

kengetus31

I don't add everyone on Facebook. Sending or accepting random friend request is not a good habit. Adding the people we know is the only necessary thing to do. In fact, this was one of the reason Facebook was created in the first place, to connect us from the people we care about. The Internet is a dangerous place to explore, we might encounter the most dangerous elements such as crackers, scammers, etc. here. And of course, Facebook is also prone to these threats. If we add people we don't even know, there is high probability that the next victim could be one of us. We never know, that's why it's really better and much recommended to just add only the people we know like our family, friends, classmates, neighbor, relatives etc. Adding too much people would just lose a room for us to add the people that can potentially be our friend in the future. So let's think before we clicked, let's not just add people just because we saw their beautiful face on their profile picture, We don't even know if it's a poser or not and even if they're real, what merit would they get in engaging with random guys. To make the story short, just stick with the people we know, let us know people in real life first before we met them at the social medias.

Athena251

When I was a kid, I used to accept and add everyone I can see in my suggestion list. As I grow up, I tend not to accept facebook friend requests if I don't know the person or we don't have a lot of mutual friends. It is because I get annoyed when I see someone I don't know in my newsfeed. It feels like a waste of time because I even don't know the person so I have no interest in reading or viewing his/her posts. Facebook is also a way to express ourselves and we tend to put our information in Facebook so I think it is a good idea that we add only those person we trust and we know. A lot of people also are using facebook to hack or scam somebody so it is important for us to be careful with our social media accounts.

Nejii

Facebook has a limit to the amount of friends you can have and that is why many people end up choosing to filter out who are the people that have to be added, while others don't care and add all the people who send invitations (and when the limit is exceeded, they simply create another account).

Which team do you belong to?

No, I don't. I only add those people I know. I actually want to delete some friends whom I don't interact with anymore. More so, those friends who don't seem to exist. Another way is to unfollow them; I unfollow those friends who always update hateful posts because it ruins my day. They say if I don't want their posts I have to unfriend them but I just don't want to be rude because they might find out. Nevertheless, I still want to clean my Facebook account.

HazelDJ

I am quite choosy in accepting friends on Facebook. I see to it that I know them. I also do not put all of my information. This is only to avoid of being swindled or being scammed.

CookieRunner

Facebook has a limit to the amount of friends you can have and that is why many people end up choosing to filter out who are the people that have to be added, while others don't care and add all the people who send invitations (and when the limit is exceeded, they simply create another account).

When we talk about my personal account, I don't add every people that would add me up mainly because of Privacy. They need to be my friends and I need to be personally acquainted with them. When we talk about Business purposes, I could add people that I don't know given that they are my friends' friends on Facebook then I would join groups in Facebook to gain followers, to post something about my business and all not necessarily by adding anyone that I don't know.

romadelgado

I don't usually add people that I personally do not know cause I don't like a traffic reading some comments or posts of others that I really don't know in the first place. I'm a bit afraid to expose my life to people who have no idea about me.That's why I only have 474 friends in my account.Some of my pupils like to add me in my Facebook but I chose some to be my friends in Facebook and others are declined by me because sometimes I' m naughty in commenting to other posts. And, I don't want to lose the respect they have in me.So, sometimes I'm really choosy in selecting friends in Facebook. But when I really want to know someone and I would like to get in touch with the person, I added that person in my account. So that I have the time and place to communicate with the person I want to be closed with.

sweetpot81

Aside form Facebook has limit, I only add people I know not because of someone else's friend etc. I prefer my Facebook account to be more on family and friends as I want my privacy as well.

yanlang

For me, I'm on filter out who are those people that I have to add in my Facebook. I don't trust that much especially of those people whom I only meet in Facebook. I think it's not safe to add those people you know nothing about. It's better to add only those whom you already knew. We should be careful in adding people that we are not familiar with. It is for us to avoid those dangerous situations that makes social media like Facebook bad for us.

Retch15

I only add people that I personally knew. Or accept those who I know who send me friends invites only. I have a short friends list but I'm happy that way because I can only see stuffs from people who matters to me. I want my facebook account to be as personal and closed as I want it to be.

anaaibachan

No, I don't add everyone on Facebook. I am quite ironclad when it comes to my security. I don't want posers to infiltrate my privacy.It's quite scary to receive such requests from those with deceptive intentions. I only accept Facebook friend requests from those who are members of my family, friends, or people whom I have met through events that I have attended.

Recently I joined this PayPal Freelancers Workshop here in the Philippines. I met some new blogger friends along the way. I casually mention to them after the event ends, "Hi, my name is Liza. It's nice to meet you. I have a Facebook account. Would you like me to add you? ". If the person replies with a resounding yes, then that's the only time that I can add them. I will tell them that before I add them, I will send them a private message first. Asking permission from somebody shows that I am trustworthy, and that I respect them. While Facebook is a fun place to be, I must always keep in mind to safeguard my identity while using Facebook.

wiljonjr

Here in the Philippines I work as a Cameraman/Video Editor in a Media company and we do use social media in reporting current events. Each and every one of us must be responsible enough to post legitimate news and since fake news is spreading around social media we are accountable for every bit of information we gather and post for the public to see so we must screen those who we add in our friends list to ensure our credibility. Its like the old saying "Tell me who your friends are and ill tell you who you are".

michelle camo

I have two accounts in facebook, I have my personal facebook and I also have my online business account but I 'm still picky in adding friends. You know nowadays a lot of people are using the social media account especially facebook just to do bad things to other people. I already watched and read a lot of things about people where there accounts we're being hacked. We should be responsible enough to protect ourselves to those bad people. Not adding all the people especially people that I don't really know would give me a security. Anyways I always make sure that the people that I add is really my friend or someone that I really know.

joey_2tep

I used to add lots of friends on facebook and confirm all friend requests of these people I don't even personally know. I used to think that having lots of friends on facebook is kind of cool. They wouldn't say you are newbie. But I was wrong. My news feed became horrible and a mess. Full of crap that I don't even need. That doesn't make any sense to me at all. Newbie? Who cares! So I just started removing these "facebook friends" and keep all these people on the list who I personally know and my news feed is now getting started to make sense.

victoroj

I have 2 Facebook accounts, one personal and another one for business. In my personal account since it has all my personal formation, I only add those I know personally and I don't accept requests from those I don't know. But in my second account, since it's a fan page everyone is welcome to like it and contact me anytime, since it is intended for my business.

markyv08

I think we dont need to add everyone on Facebook, because if you start to create the account on this social media be ready to publicly open your small or big portion of your life here. It’s also like if you add many persons that you dont know personally you give them a right to comment, post, or to bash on your personal life. Be ready to accept all of this.

mdsarang

I only add and accept people who I am close with. I don't to see unknown posts from unknown people.

ecole11j

For my personal Facebook account, if it isn't someone I know personally or at least someone in the same friends group, I don't accept the invitation. For my professional account, I would only accept a friend request if the individual is in the same field I'm involved with. There's a lot of spam accounts out there.

samie peralta

Basically not everyone, I'm just adding my Friends, family and others who i can recognize. I don't want may wall to be a mess and also it is not safe for us to just add other people who we didn't know in the first place. Be more careful than to be sorry, it is good to be safe .

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.