At what age did you start using social media

williamk

I started using social media when I was around 22 years old, at that time I didn't,t know much about using my phone until I got introduced to Facebook. Still, it is my favorite social media site.

betty3

I was already in my 20's, since there's no social media on my time. my friends keep talking on new famous social media sites, so i just go with the flow, and now i enjoyed it and it's very beneficial specially on finding jobs.

srenee

Wow ... I was 40 ! started with Whatsapp with my sister who was living in Mexico. It was a free way of staying in touch with her - didn't think of it as social media, though. Then I finally got on Facebook after my younger sister encouraged me to and my oldest son was on it. I don't really like it - it sucks productive time away! LOL... but I use it for business and it is awesome :)

evachikka

I'm 17 when I started using social media. For me, kids should enjoy their youthful days on making more real friends, more time spend with their loved ones instead of wasting their time browsing other people's lives. They are not kids forever thus, they have to enjoy their time as kids. :)

ron13315

I started using friendster when im 18. I remember yahoo chat room and booters, room flood around 2005. Im also active in many forum at that time where most of the members have a .gif signiture lol.

hengxin

I have only started using social media when I was 22 or 23. I have heard about the other social media platforms before facebook but I didn't have any interest to try it before. Now, I am using facebook to share my blogs.

lucykups

I remember when I first had my friendster, I was in 2nd grade, so was probably 9 years old, and that's my first social media website that I logged into; with all those customization of your own page which was really fun. Then facebook came out, I was sort of the REALLY UPDATED person before so I was 12 when I got my fb account, then so goes on with twitter

RajSS

I created my Facebook account when I was 16, but didn't use it for nearly 1 to 2 years as I didn't know the importance of it. As I grown up, at the age of 18, when I started doing my part time business, then I realized that I can use my social media accounts to spread my business.
So at first, I went with the Facebook, made nearly 500+ friends in less than 2 months, and then started spreading my business. Then I took Whatsapp to share my business opportunities with others by sharing the link to my website and Facebook account.
And today I have in total 4000+ friends on Facebook and also my business is running well.

francesca23

I started using social media when I was 16 years old. I joined friendster and MySpace that time. I joined Facebook when I started my college years, because friendster disappeared. I really enjoyed social media as a teenager because I can easily communicate with my friends, post and share my thoughts and being always updated about the celebrities whom I follow.

mrwhite

I started with Facebook at 19. Back then, I didn't believe that the people on Facebook are actually real human being until I hooked up with a friend who was my classmate. However, I now became less active on these social platforms because I got distracted a lot with them.

johnrajiv123

I set up my fist social media account way back in 2004 when Friendster has just started. I honestly do not know what it was for and how it really works but I tried it anyway. Slowly, I learned how to use it and eventually had a blast. The cool Friendster layouts and background music were a hit back then. The good old days.

tenthztar

I guess i was 18 back then, but before that i was using Friendster a lot. A friend recommended that to me because it's easier to use and understand. I made a lot of friends from it and i'm thankful for zuckerberg for inventing Facebook.

johnmctown

I started joining social media it was friendster when i was 18 years old, i also had eudoramail at that time. I joined facebook when i was 23. 12 years of facebook up to this day. It's been a while. I think it's because of the connectivity facebook gives it's user that's why it's a success!

Henrywrites

I started using Facebook for the past 6 years and that was when I was in my teens and even that age, I was not aware of the huge benefits that using Facebook can afford to its users which made me to just chat with friends that I made on the site, reply posts made by others and make few posts myself. However, I must say that I've grown in knowledge and now realize that Facebook can also be used to make money as well.

Asdfghjkra003

I got into was Friendster. I think I was just in gradeschool. I was around 9-10 years old by then. It was popular since you can customize your background and add a song to your profile and even edit your featured friends. Your friends get to post testimonials on your profile and they get to listen to the song you added on your profile. You can even personalize your own background and add glitters or any design you want.

Lem19

I think I'm 14 years old back then. The first social media account that i made was friendster bacause almost all my friends has account here. But I don't actually use this everyday. Then after that I made my Facebook account because back then, there are many popular games on Facebook like Farmville, Ninja Saga, Mafia Wars and many more.

itsmeryjoy

I remember back when I was 15 my first social media exposure is friendster. I got easily hooked to it because I can still communicate with my family and friends even when we are apart. The best thing I loved about friendster before is that I can use the photo of my favorite artists as my background which I realize gross later on.

Nancy G

I started very late. I was in my early forties when I signed up with Yahoo Messenger. I chatted with people from other countries and to this day has remained friends with 1 person. I seldom chatted since I was at work most of the time and I do not have my own desktop. When Yahoo experienced a major hack sometime 2014, I stopped using Yahoo messenger. With my smartphone, I can easily connect via VIBER, Whatsapp. I have just started using Facebook as some apps are downloadable only thru this site only.

CookieRunner

I believe I was in my College years when I got hooked on Friendster, I am not sure if the people here still remembers it hehe. I thnk I was 20 by then.
It was all the fuss and the buzz. It was my everyday go to website, I would ask my friends to write a testimonial for me. I believe it started big and just suddenly disappeared ( or closed ) , I guess Multiply came then it also died then Facebook came. It was the fad until now.

hgonzales2

Friendster!

I started using social media when I was 16 years old. The very first social media that I've had was Friendster which is no longer existing now. It was fun because that also one way to get in touch with my family and friends. It was not as advanced as Facebook but it's really cool for beginners. I also love the testimonials. I can't even remember the email and password that I used before. I hope they can bring it back.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.