At what age did you start using social media

mdsarang

Is Yahoo Messenger counted as a social media? If it is, I'd say age 9. It was actually my mom's account, which we used to communicate with my dad who works abroad during that time. After that, I had Friendster at 13. I will never forget asking testimonials from friends and classmates, very classic. It felt like you were in a creative writing competition and you have to be really good at it because people before you who wrote on your friend's profile did a great job on their testimonials. It was also when everyone was addicted to glitter stuff and putting background music on profile. And who can forget the "who viewed your profile" section. I don't know if it was true but you can actually see there people who always visits your profile.

richellemchua

The first ever social media that I used was friendster, I was about 10 year old that time and I really enjoyed using it because I get to design my own account and it's like having your own blog. I also remember getting fooled with fake artists accounts that I used to think was real, but after all I had fun and that's what matters to me. Unfortunately I couldn't log on in anymore which is kind of sad because I wanna see what I did there when I was a child but also happy because I don't wanna embarrass myself with my old cringey posts.

fern2x2001

In my case, i started using social media in 2001 using friendster. That was when i was in my 2nd year in high school. During that time, friendster was the facebook of social media. I used it personally to gather friends online. Even those people whom i only met online using yahoo messenger, we used friendster to see each others profile pictures, "assuming they're for real" and hopefully to know more about them. So yeah, those were my first social media encounter, back when i was in high school in 2001.

Shantel

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was in 2005-2006, so I was about 17.

jnnunez02

I was only 18 Years old The first time i heard about social media and thar was when i joined HI5 and that was followed by MySpace and it was something amazing to be able to see your friends pictures and chat any time you want. Nowadays multiple social media are available around the world and technology makes this even better. Now we can not only send messages but we can send pictures and make phone calls.

cassandramnt

I started using social media when i was about in 2nd year high school! Friendster is the most popular site that time so i created an account there and enjoyed using it. It has a blog-ish features where you can customized wallpapers, add background music, put gif testimonials/comments in your friends profile, see who viewed your profile everyday and some other cool stuffs! Ahhh soo nostalgic! I wish they would bring back Friendster because most of my memories in my teen years are there!

trendjing

I am in my 30s now, and during my time in our country when I was 14 or 15 years old, we use Friendster as our social media to take a look of what's happening on our friends and family online. Until it died down, and started the rise of Facebook.

Nathaniel Nguyen

I started using Facebook when I was around 13. I had not had the intention to use it previously, but at that time, not having a Facebook account means you are not as 'cool' as everyone else. However, as soon as I signed up for it, I was hooked. And now, 6 years later, I still log in every day. I can't tell if that is good or bad :rolleyes2:

Ryza

My first experience with social media was when I was in my 20s. Friendster was the most popular social network in Asia especially between 2008-2010.My friends and I loved it because it was possible to create personalized profile pages and it has a fun, warm and friendly feeling in it. I also used Myspace for a short time and then I discovered Facebook.Until now I've been using Facebook to keep in touch with friends for years now but I still miss Friendster.

iamchenita

So many of us started making use of social media as kids and some as adults,

We don't really know the social media you started with and the time you started making use of them and also the age you were,

Can you share with us those informations, like your first social media, the age you started making use of it, and also if you still make use of them now or you have forgotten the password,

As for me I started with Facebook and I was 13 when I started making use of it, but didn't enjoy it then because did not have enough friends then, also I have forgotten my password..

what about you ...

Let's create the fun here
I started my Facebook when I was on my high school days. Facebook were famous at that time and one of my friends introduce me this facebook and I'm quite interested to join this social media. And because of that, I created 2 accounts and now, I forgot the passwords. Currently, I have now 2 active Facebook account and I can say I enjoy it having 2 accounts cause I can switch to each accounts and meet new friends. :)

Mandigirl

I was in grade 4 or 9-10 years old when I started using social media. The first social media thay I used was facebook because I was not contented with Y8 so I was influenced by my classmates that time to use facebook. So at first I see it as a gaming site where I can play Tetris and other games. But later on I have relatives abroad and through facebook I found that we can commute using it. Also during using facebook I'm also using Youtube to watch music videos of my Idols.After that I discovered twitter and Instagram to stalk my favorite artist its a little bit lol.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.