Why people prefer Facebook rather than Instagram?

Athena251

I think people prefer Facebook because Facebook was released way way before Instagram. Facebook also offers many features like playing games online, updating facebook status by posting or sharing some posts you liked which is very unlike of Instagram. Instagram is more focused in uploading photos and videos so that your followers or the public (if your account is not private) can see it. Also, more people are more aware of Facebook than Instagram. There is a lower possibility that a person with an Instagram has no facebook account. On the other hand, it is possible that a person has a Facebook account but has no Instagram account.

Judas2018

Instagram has niched itself as a photo sharing app exclusively. Also it's just that and only that.... 'an app.' Instagram is not as easily accessible from a desktop or laptop as it is from your phone. Only crafty or well-versed PC users know the ways to access and use Instagram directly from a desktop computer... And the methods of doing so take some time to search out and find online. You can indeed open an Instagram account and upload photos and videos from your Desktop PC. But it's not as simple as logging onto your PC, visiting the official Instagram site, starting an account and doing so. Instagram markets itself specifically to people who spend lots of time on their phone, taking selfies. Facebook is accessible to everyone and every, device. That's why it's more popular. There are simply, more and easier ways to access it.

TheArticulate

TheArticulate
While Instagram may limit itself by only being an app, isn't is also true that a vast majority of people access their social media from their phones anyway as opposed to a desktop or laptop computer? In this aspect, I think IG is making the best use of the mobile platform that it's working on. The fact that it's created a niche for itself in a photo and video sharing app is what creates the draw to the platform so well. Facebook doesn't have the aesthetic when you upload photos or video to it like Instagram does, which is why a lot creative individuals seem to prefer the platform for really sharing their material.

No doubt, Facebook has a much larger audience and your reach their could potentially be far better than Instagram, but I think the Instagram community is more engaged with the niches they find on the platform, which is something you may not see on other social media networks.

dhaneah

I think using Facebook is a little more easier that's why there's a lot more people preferring to use it. It's also more popular and has more features in it that excites them to use Facebook over those other social media sites. It also helps in promoting and advertising businesses and a lot more other stuffs so basically using Facebook will not just give fun,but also is pretty helpful on a lot of different ways.

Proxy-Seller

Actually this is because different content
Even though Facebook was available earlier on, instagram very soon became overwhelmed with advertisements and pointless posts

AffGonzo

In my opinion, i prefer Instagram But older people prefer Facebook. What do you think?
Tell me your opinion, maybe I'll change my mind.
Hoping 29 isnt old but.
I Never got into Instagram because I wasn't huge into taking photos.
Outside of using a 35mm camera.
I Wanted a community based social platform. FB groups = great.

Mr. Awesome

In my opinion, i prefer Instagram But older people prefer Facebook. What do you think?
Tell me your opinion, maybe I'll change my mind.
I prefer Facebook than Instagram. Facebook is a social media site where you can have access to your friends and relatives all over the world. You can also express your feelings just by posting on it. You can advertise as well with Facebook and interact with the people who are interested on your products. On the other hand, Instagram is a social media site that only shows images. It is fashionable than Facebook but wisely speaking, Facebook has a lot of option than this one. I still choose Facebook because it has more usage than Instagram.

Ellewyn09

For me, facebook is better than instagram simply because you can do more stuffs there. Anything you want from making profit thru online business, chat, video calls, gaming, etc. You can find almost everything in facebook.

sweetpot81

Mostly all people regardless of ages has Facebook. Even the oldest and youngest person I know has Facebook account. I think it's more convenient and application friendly.The features is more on all generation applicable. Facebook is more prefer by users like me than Instagram.

michelle camo

In my opinion, I prefer facebook because not all of my friends have instagram. Almost all of my friends has facebook because it is more easy to use unlike instagram. I could say that instagram is not really user friendly.

elzorro

elzorro
Yes, you are right on this, Facebook is more popular and you can meet almost your friends on Facebook and that will be very hard to do the same on Instagram :)

williamk

It is very easy to create a community to engage in on Facebook than Instagram, Facebook has managed to integrate people of all ages since it is an easy to use application, unlike Instagram which is more popular to the middle and young generation people.

iamreeence

I prefer using both, because they have different usage. During my fresh days at Instagram I only post quality pictures and memorable ones on this site. It is also kinda catchy on how Instagram gives their users a chance to make their profile look dope, like for example the arrangement of pictures in your profile. How you edit pictures, design it and make your profile look very cool. As for Facebook, it has a wide variety of scope. On Facebook you can almost do anything, before it is just for socializing and entertainment. But now, you can have your online shop, or you can go live to let your friends see what you are doing at the moment, or you can watch news to keep yourself updated and informed of what is happening around the world. You see, Facebook right now is not just a form of social media platform, it promotes almost everything. While on the other hand, Instagram provides us not just as much as Facebook does, but it can be worth it to have Instagram as I am also a user of it, and I really enjoy this platform.

msg17

I agree with you. I certainly think that Facebook does a lot more things to offer. And it is really very easy to use. I think that is the reason why most of the people stil prefer to use Facebook more than Instagram. Because Facebook's features are easier to use. Compared to Instagram's.

ecole11j

I think people use them for different things. Instagram is almost entirely visual. If you're someone like me who isn't constantly taking photos or selfies, it's kind of useless to you. I feel like Facebook is more interactive. You can write posts, keep in touch with family and friends, join groups and fan pages, chat with people on messenger, etc. Of course there's also the fact that Facebook is easier for us "olds" to use. Instagram does seem to be mostly used by younger people.

Rogue

Its current popularity could be a factor since Facebook is more in trend than Instagram. People will choose to go where most users are, leading a pile after pile coming in to sign up. Aside from common people, another factor that probably influence them is the features. There are number of things you could do with Facebook that you couldn't on Instagram. There are also constant updates to improve experience on Facebook to satisfy the changing needs of their users.

TheLarbyAMR

There are some purposes, What are you talking about? For marketing or for personal use? I prefer Insta over Facebook in case of marketing.

NesMarcos

I guess most social media users prefer Facebook than Instagram. First, Facebook has a larger audience. Second, Facebook is used by all age groups, from young people to elders. Third, Facebook is easier to use. And lastly, Facebook caters more and interesting features like games, video calls, chat, and business offers, too!

iT-HaCks

Facebook is convenient channel to share information, photos, videos and thoughts. may be thats why heavy numbers of users are active on Facebook. well honestly speaking i use instagram more often then facebook... of course its all about your own choice

Emmaballet

Yes this is the biggest fact, Facebook has a much larger market share as well as Instagram is just under Facebook bust still peoples are using Instagram more than Facebook.

I personally see Facebook is now going to be useless, So many fake accounts, unrelevant content, image or videos on feed and on Instagram.... still everything is perfect.

Marga

Instagram is all about photos. There are many people who use Facebook who want to stay in touch with friends but they don't want want to upload any photos (and even hate checking selfies of other people).

Facebook makes it easy to hide posts from selected people so users can decide who sees what. On Instagram, we can browse photos of strangers.

Facebook comes with many features, events, groups, etc.

In my opinion, Facebook and Instagram are used for different purposes.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.