Is Google gives preference to quality content?

Rob Whisonant

Of course it does. What you may be seeing is other ranking factors pushing up other listings. Also, Google may consider quality content different than what you consider as quality content.

paulgl

Definitely Yes

But you need to research keywords to write articles with quality content. If not, no one will find your articles on Google search result.

because many times I have seen website ranking below having better content compared to a website ranking on top position for the same query.
They have better backlinks than you, that's reason why they have better rankings than you, quality content also needs quality backlinks to get higher rankings.

Daniel Cortes

Google bots can't tell if your content is good or not because they're robots, but certain things will signal that your content is good to rank high.

the length of your articles indicates if you can thoroughly answer people's questions so longer articles tend to rank higher.

how people respond to your content also sends signals to google if your content is any good. if people click to visit your site and read your page for 1-2 seconds and click the back button, it signals Google that your content is garbage and you lose rankings.

so how people behave on your site impacts your ranking as well. if people read your article, and scroll down, and even click links to other posts on your blog to read other posts then google takes that as good signals to rank you higher.

and if you get backlinks from other sites, you also rank higher.

but quality content is subjective. people have different ideas of what quality would be for a specific search string so google uses certain metrics to decide what to rank on the front page for certain keywords.

wordpress121

Everyone who uses Google for their everyday searches will admit that the search engine provides high priority to quality content websites than the quantitative ones. With algorithms like Penguin and the older Panda, Google is aiming at increasing the rank of websites with unique, fresh and high-quality content.

Brill Mindz

Over the past few months, Google has been rolling out algorithmic updates to its ranking algorithms to make stories that were the original source more preferential. Not only will original reporting rank better in Google Search but Google News, including Google Discover, will soon also rank better. In addition to improved ranking of the original reports, the stories will remain at the top of the news cluster for a longer period of time

lotuscontainer05

Google rank the sites and place them according to the informative and usefulness to the users in its search algorithm. It uses quality content, link quality and other elements to determine the particular rank of the site where it will be appearing in its search results.

willsonrobin

Google priorities "quality content" over "quantity content" and rank pages according to that.

Brill Mindz

Everyone who uses Google for their daily searches would accept that the search engine gives quality content websites high priority over quantitative ones. Google aims to increase the rank of websites with exclusive and high-quality content with algorithms like Penguin and the older Panda.

Amirnazir2020an

Absolutely.
Quality content is very important. Sometimes someone can rank for less quality article compare to very high level but not forever.
I am not sure if Google is ever gonna approve sites for AdSense with less quality content.

logosoukignite

Hello everyone,

Does Google give an advantage to quality content?I don't think so, because many times I have seen website ranking below having better content compared to a website ranking on top position for the same query.
Yes, absolutely. Google needs quality content as well as unique content in link building.

StephanieWilliams

Hello everyone,

Does Google give an advantage to quality content?I don't think so, because many times I have seen website ranking below having better content compared to a website ranking on top position for the same query.
There is no doubt Google gives much more enforcement to quality content. It's most important matter to get a better ranking for a site. Thanks

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Because they have better backlinks :)
Quality content is just a part of SEO, it didn't decide which one will be better ranking or not.

Fabiola

Exactly, quality content is one factor, there others tha can also improve your positioning.

Quality content doesn't only mean well written but we also consider how much is helpful for the users, the correct use of the keywords...

If a website has good content doesn't mean that will necessarily rank well

niamul21

Hello everyone,

To be very honest, Google does give priority or privilege to high-quality content. But there are many things still to consider.

RenderedElite

When competing with the first-page results of a Google search you're often competing with quality content. So yes, you need to also have quality content, and preferably provide more info on the subject. Sometimes, you still won't beat them, but building up your domain's authority and making sure the page is 100% optimized will give you better odds.

Aezon

Google provides sites based on their popularity and relevance. That's why the cooler sites may not get into the volume just because they don't have enough visitors. It's really sad!

John-S

Google looks for quality content, so even if your site is recently updated, Google will still prefer the high-quality content that was published years ago. By updating your old content, you can give it a second life and transform it into content that will continue to drive massive search engine traffic.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.