Why people prefer Facebook rather than Instagram?

jojo_1234

Facebook has a wider range of user I guess compared to Instagram. I have accounts on both Facebook and Instagram but when it comes to shares, downloads and promotion Facebook is at an edge. Unlike Instagram posts are limited to photos and short videos. That is why I prefer Facebook as an efficient way to promote things and that includes ones self.

williamk

For a long time, I have been on Facebook, I have met long lost friends and have created new friendships. It is very hard to stay away from Facebook, the connection is real, you create pages and groups that are very easy to follow and be part of them.

Instagram I came to discover it later and am still learning about how best to use it, socially I don't find it engaging many people or connecting as many people as Facebook can reach. However, of late I have discovered the power of Instagram is in the social marketing, there are many serious proffessional marketers who are using it for business.

victoroj

Facebook has a wide audience/market. A lot of people are using Facebook than Instagram, this includes parents and grandparents who do not really use Instagram. Facebook is almost everywhere and has a lot to offer, more than just uploading pictures and videos and sending direct messages. With Facebook Messenger, people can easily get connected to their loved ones, has a lot more options to do that, and very easy and convenient to use. If you want to market your business to a wide audience, you should use Facebook, but that doesn't mean that you can't use Instagram as well. It's advisable to use both, because there is a different market in Instagram.

hengxin

I guess most people use facebook than instagram because it came first. It already has a lot of users before instagram came to be. One more thing if you try to compare the usability of the two, facebook has more to offer. It is also easier to navigate than instagram. Finally, facebook is optimized to be used in different medias like android or ios.

lucykups

I think older people do not know how to use instagram, its for the lower generations and facebook is so much popular than instagram and also easier to use. Instagram is somehow requiring you to have a really good feed so that you'll have more interaction. Facebook is like a newspaper of what's happening with the lives of the people you know or even those you do not know, it's giving you information about them even if you're not with them and no one is telling you about them, I guess that's why older people like it.

tophew

For me i prefer facebook than instagram because facebook offers many options inside like you can play games there promote your products advertise, go video live and the community is huge. but for instagram it is more on uploading pictures for spreading nice angle shots so we can share it to other people. but if you like some extreme and many functional social media go for facebook.

easymusicforall

Facebook Because:
It has a bigger market. Has members of almost all ages. You can communicate to a lot of people on Facebook conveniently. Has mobile apps like messenger which almost eliminated the need for texting and wasting money on load. Facebook has it's own mini search engine for advertising groups, entertainment like anime and movies. You can play games on Facebook and o Messenger. It is more convenient to use. You can post rants and other things. You can change your privacy settings so you can limit who can see your posts and who can post on your wall and most of all no offense cause I'm just giving out my opinion, you can also post pictures on Facebook and you can post as much as you want whenever you want and where ever you want to. Not only could you post pictures and other things you want exposed about you but you could also do Facebook live streaming so they can see what you are doing during that moment and on video and they can actually see and hear you. :D

jeff22

In my opinion, i prefer Instagram But older people prefer Facebook. What do you think?
Tell me your opinion, maybe I'll change my mind.
People prefer Facebook than Instagram because it is far recognized by many. This event can also be seen in many business situations or industries. The more the buyer, the more the person will join. Why? Because people want things, apps, businesses that are already tested and proven. This situation is also applied in Facebook and Instagram. Facebook has the higher number of subscribers than Instagram that is why novice in modern society choose or prefer Facebook than any other application or social media.

Gen.fudd

I think it is not the age, why most people prefer using facebook rather than the instagram. I think it more of the content and the wide of variety of things that you can do to this social media. I personally use facebook more often than Instagram, because I got access more information, share and post anything.

kiroberus

I think people can relate more when using Facebook than Instagram, because Facebook has a more flexible approach to the needs of people wanting to express their emotions, feelings or sentiments on certain topics. And in my opinion, it is easier to connect with people on Facebook rather than on Instagram, on Facebook you can search and get in touch with people that you’ve met way back when you’re still a kid, those childhood friends that you’ve never seen for decades. There’s a lot more you can do on Facebook, than just posting pictures on Instagram, you can have a group chat with friends, or simply chat a friend, relatives or family to have a more private conversations.

Pearl88

That's all very true. Facebook truly is the most preferred over many other social media sites. Facebook even blew myspace out of the water. Don't think anyone even cares for myspace anymore. I Love the privacy setting with Facebook and also the fact that you can record live videos. Theres so much a person could do and would rather do on Facebook. It's just that awesome, fun and convient.

williamk

The fact that Facebook has got over a billion users tells you how popular and widely used it is. They is a way it is designed for easier navigation unlike Instagram, and the Facebook groups and pages makes engaging with ther people a must use social media platform. Most of thee people who started using Facebook have moved to other platforms and the ones who had ignored it earlier are now joining it and the same thing will happen to Instagram.

CookieRunner

Basically, Facebook caters to a larger market. Its user-friendly and even Senior Citizens can use and/or learn Facebook. Whereas with Instagram you can just do limited things like uploading photos and videos, some use it for advertising and selling but with Facebook, I believe you can do everything there.

Heather

That is depend on their target market. Maybe, their target was more found or active on facebook.

fredoman

Well Facebook I think is more popular, and I mean the user interface of Facebook is more engaging to people, they have a lot more features than Instagram which you only see those pictures and short video clips of your friends and peers. Facebook has a lot more than that. They have messenger, they have emoticons and stuffs, and there is a wide range of everything you can do on your news feed.

shanejhane

Most of the people love to use Facebook than Instagram, because in Facebook you can play games, messaging you friends and family all over the world, can updated on what's happening on our country today, can updated also to what is new to our friends in Facebook, of course you can promote you products for free and a really lot more. That's why I do really enjoying Facebook.

ion

Well, maybe because, after friendster, Facebook is the, let me say pioneer social site now, and It's really hard for others to go for something new. Besides all the things you want is already in Facebook.

genesis

Simply because the chat thing. Facebook has chat while instagram are posts or publicized. Same time instagram for me are only for people who would like to share the places, foods, things they have, etc.. But I'd prefer instagram for picture posts, it's like blogging. Facebook is more private, you can have a conversation with your friends privately. Love the thing also about facebook is that there's a separate app related for their messaging, the messenger, wherein more or less like instagram, the upgraded messanger. You can have your pictures uploaded also in messenger publicly, but only for a limited time.

hiy

I prefer to use Facebook than Instagram, in Instagram I don't know how to upload videos. I search it on YouTube how to upload videos on Instagram and it's complicated until now I don't know how to upload videos on Instagram, unlike Facebook it's easy to upload videos in just one click and you can tag your friends and many features , you can communicate through messenger.

Nejii

I prefer both but I get more likes on Facebook :hug: When posting pictures I use Instagram and when communicating or sending messages to relatives I use Facebook. More so, Facebook has many users. I even have a lot of friends who sell something on Facebook. They choose this app because it has a lot of users and there's a great chance for them to sell a lot just by adding friends and posting pictures of their products.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.