WhatsApp migration from iPhone to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smakerasy

I am going to receive my Samsung Galaxy S9 in a few days. It is my first time with Android phone. My question is how can I transfer whatsApp messages and attachments from iPhone to S9? is it possible?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Yes it is possible. Just following these steps

Step 1: Open Setting>Chats>Chat backup

Select Back up now

Step 2: Uninstall WhatsApp app on your iPhone and install WhatsApp on Android smartphone.
You will need to verify WhatsApp account on the new Android phone (using same account that you verified for your iPhone), at this step it will ask you with a windows popup "Message Backup Found" and you can click "Restore". And WhatsApp messages on your iPhone will be synced to the WhatsApp application on your new Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone.

Hope that helped.

Salmaan

Salmaan
sorry this method will not work as it is for iphone to iphone or android to android.. there is one of the software that do this, its paid and not worth to purchase. So just get your imprtant imnages

Smakerasy

No backup found when I tried to restore WhatsApp messages after installation on Android.

Gkaserapp

I am going to receive my Samsung Galaxy S9 in a few days. It is my first time with Android phone. My question is how can I transfer whatsApp messages and attachments from iPhone to S9? is it possible?
It's not that hard, right? i have successfully completed the task last week, the method i found on Google.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.