Isn't it too late to join the social media marketing?

SitePro

No, not too late, and it will never be too late.

Look at it this way, you saved yourself a lot of hassle, as Facebook has proven to be too insecure of a social media platform with security breaches in the millions every couple of months (and now members leaving in droves because of experienced bias and prejudice), Google+ shut down all free services (making it hard for entrepreneurs and small business to get started there with a diminished audience to boot), Yahoo groups has been gutted because of excessive spam and adult content, and others that have simply dropped-out of that niche. Others, such as free services from Tumblr and WordPress require the posting of advertising that will likely compete with your own marketing message, while Blogger remains advertisement optional (and allows you to share in the revenue if you are willing to show the stupid ads).

I think you can easily see who the major players are now, and also where your niche will likely shine.

I personally like LinkedIn, BeHance, Twitter, Pinterest, Blogger and lots of niche forums and communities. It may be difficult to get started at Twitter, but it is such a great place to announce things. That said, those tweets disappear in relevance quickly, while on Behance and Pinterest, your posts remain relevant for a much, much longer period. LinkedIn has a character limit, so best post articles to a blog and then boost it there on LinkedIn. I also like LinkedIn Groups, though it is not as good as Google+ or Facebook Groups.

There are also up-and-coming social media/networking platforms that if you find them interesting, can become a great springboard if they become popular.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views