Which one is best for mobile apps development between Java and Python?

harrygreen90

As I know Python is a poplar language and growing day by day but Java is one of the most popular languages in the world. I think Python popularity will be cross the Java. But can anybody explain which one is the for developing mobile apps for Java or Python?
Which one is better to start learning it from scratch and never focus on others?

bracknelson

Hi, It depends on your interest. Where you want to make a career. I talk about popurtity of both programming languages which are awesome. Main facts is this, which language is comparable for you so choose that language for mobile app development.

Brill Mindz

For Android, it’s Java, it’s what 99%+ apps are written in, it’s where all the support is.

You can use Python if you want, but I wouldn’t.

For iOS, there is Swift of course, and for most people, that’s probably the right choice.

For cross-platform, I’d probably take a look at Xamarin.

Like I say, you can use Python if you want, but there is no compelling reason to do so.

JoWee

Pretty hard to make a choice. I think that Java is better

Krospix

Which direction of mobile application development are you interested in?

quokkalabs

To begin with, your inquiry isn't clear. What precisely would you like to create? A Mobile app development ? or then again a Mobile Version of the Website?

Relax, I give you the information about the two of them.

Assuming you need to foster a mobile based application, fundamentally we have 3 working frameworks accessible on the lookout.
  • Google's Android OS (For these applications you need to learn Java)
  • Apple's iOS (For this application you need to learn Objective C)
  • Microsoft's Windows Phone OS (For this application you need to learn Dot-net)
Assuming you need to foster a Mobile based Website, You need to learn Bootstrap.

Expectation you got a thought :)

herbertj

Both have strong advantages that can be used to support their positions.

Java 11 is no longer free for download for corporate use. If you don't have OpenJDK, then you will need to purchase a license to get full support from Oracle.

Python, however, can be downloaded or brewed in your Mac.

Both languages offer a rich API base.

Java is moving towards python-style coding with the release of shell in the latest version of Java.

For future development, however, I suggest python as the minimum LOCs that produce powerful and efficient results.

This is my personal opinion after working in both languages.

Happy Coding

marine2008

It seems those 2 options deal with different objectives. Python is good for data analysis, Java is a perfect fit for a high-load project with a complicated backend. As for the mobile app development, I recommend to check a nice book by Olaf Ananda called "Develop Android Applications using Python"

Marshbz

Python and Java are two highly popular programming language which is similar in many ways. However, that does not mean that both equal suits for every project. ... In terms of ideal use cases, Java is better suited for mobile app development, being one of the preferred programming languages for Android

edwardyn

Personally, I use Java more often because in my opinion this language is both simpler and clearer! At least for me.

SabineRyhner

Best answer
Both Java and Python have their strengths for mobile app development. Java is commonly used for Android app development, offering good performance and native integration. Python is suitable for cross-platform development using frameworks like Kivy or BeeWare. The choice depends on project requirements and personal familiarity with the language.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views