SitePro

WYSIWYG or text/code editor?

Which one? Not just which type, but what editor is the one you download and install right away to use on a new computer?

My favorites:
Dreamweaver CS3 (NOT CC! It's an incredible piece of crap) (Windows or Mac)
NoteTab Pro 7.X (Windows)
Mobirise (3 or 4) (Windows/Mac/Android)
vi (when I'm on Linux)

The new Adobe subscription model stuff is as slow as molases, an incredibly sleepy dog that just can't wake up. Unless you have an I9 or the newest AMD superfast processors, leave all that crap alone. I finally stopped my all apps subscription after 13 months of torture. This is the most unresponsive software suite known to man. My C64 was much, much, much more responsive. In that time I have still used CS3 master suite (minus Acrobat and another program I never use) and it runs just fine (except Acrobat & the other one), and it is responsive!

But the Dreamweaver CC software was the pure conked-out, lost in outerspace productivity killer & zapped my creativity. I wound-up getting all the Affinity Software for graphics. Originally, Dreamweaver was a coming of age editor by Macromedia. Adobe bought it and fixed it up a bit, and CS3 was that first release. But then they tore it apart and Adobe-ized it to death, made it slow, lost functions, it slowly became unusable. Unfortunately, almost every older Adobe software you buy today is pirateware with viruses, so be careful. I have bought 2 Adobe products from eBay, both were pirated. Luckily, I do have my educational suite, and it works.

NoteTab Pro has been my go-to editor on Windows. I used to use another one on Windows when I was in college, it allowed selecting columns of text, and I know that Google Developer Tools does that, but I would like to find the one that worked so well for me. Otherwise, NoteTab Pro has so many handy options that it actually takes me a long time to find them all and get the config just so. But then I never need to touch it again (unless maybe if there is an updrade).

Mobirise is a 'free' WYSIWYG website creator that is great for wireframing, or just using it to design sites quickly. It works like an editor, but you edit prestyled content. There are all sorts of themes and extensions that can be added, this is where they grab you by the checkbook, but usually you can buy every theme and extension for just under $100. Or, use it as a free wire-framer and then throw it into an editor to correct all the extra useless crap they throw in it.

vi is a coder's editor. You can not go wrong with it on Linux. It works great with so may features it actually has a steep learning curve (that I have since forgotten).

I'm not telling you what to use, just sharing what I have found that works for me, and I am curious if you have an ace up your sleeve. I just grabbed Bootstrap Studio, going to check that one out. But as I said, I want a really good code editor that allows me to select vertical columns of text. Maybe you know? Or have another website editor/builder in mind?

qbeststar

Best answer
My favourite is NoteTab and notepad++ :cool:

bl4ckhat

As you already mentioned, vi is the best :)
It helps you to memorize things and get more professional.
When you use a visual editor it often gives you the functions pre-loaded and you will tend to forget them.

BeeHome

Beginning stages sublime and notepad++ for better, Because it helps to memorize the syntax typing code line by line.
after learning you can start to create project visual studio code suitable for easily connecting with the backend process.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.