Difficulties in this fast paced technology

conivalcheese

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask your own opinion or thoughts on how technology affects your daily life and perspective. Are there some areas in your life that you encounter difficulties caused by theis fast-paced technology?

EngagementRingsUSA

Of course!

When I did not have a plan in place, technology ran my life, even though it should be the other way around. On the one hand, technology should make us more productive, but this is only possible when you properly leverage and control it. If you are unable to focus due to your FB Messenger going off every 30 seconds, technology becomes a nuisance and a hinderance.

My biggest takeaway in the past few years has been establishing a certain level of control. This means that I decide when I expose myself to notifications, updates, messages, etc... This also means that when I am actively working on a project, I tailored my digital life in a way that the pop-ups, messages and notifications simply will not appear on any of my devices.

Technology is analogous to fire. Control it, and you can achieve wonders. Let it loose and it can burn down your entire world.

conivalcheese

Yes, can relate much that there are social platforms that are big distractions. But unlike you, I can't get off my phone even though I'm working. It would be nice to adapt what you are doing to maintain focus and be productive. By the way, I have heard of a place (but can't remember it) wherein no phones are allowed , have you heard it too?

EngagementRingsUSA

There are many places that do not allow phones, especially sensitive government facilities, but that is mostly for privacy/security concerns.

The way I have adapted is by turning off all notifications, except for mission critical items such as email and text. I do have multiple devices with social media access, but the sounds are off. This way, I can access the devices when I see fit and check whatever I need. This also means that my phone is not going off every 30 seconds due to various notifications and pop-ups. :)

lexiavenge

Best answer
Yes indeed. Technology had been there and it continuously makes things 'instantly done'. It is somewhat positive since we can do more activities or tasks in a day than we previously do. But on the other hand, more of us don't know the nitty-gritty of those activities because of too much reliance on technology. We tend to get lazy to them manually or simply do the long hard work.

I have experienced this with some activities. And the grey-headed people in our fam always tell me not to rely on what technology brings. It is good to know these pieces of stuff but it is better to also know how to do things the long way. It was challenging and still it is but there is a feeling of fulfillment.

conivalcheese

Actually. I'm planning to see a therapist with regard excessively using the product of technology like cellphones and tablets. At some point, , my mental health is quite affected in a way that seeing post from my colleagues then, eventually I used to compare them with what I have-some issues like that. Does anyone of you has good experience working with a therapist or counselor?

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.