The present state of email marketing.

Proaffili

Is email marketing still an effective marketing strategy? Is the Facebook page an alternative to the email list? What are your thoughts?

Albertina

Everyone knows that social media and other online channels are rising day by day and because of that some people have abandoned email marketing and are in favor of newer digital marketing strategies. But I think that email marketing is still one of the simplest and most effective methods of marketing as you are trying to convert the people who are already your customer or interested in your products.

Howiev

Hi there,

I'm looking for an email marketing platform that will also me to import contacts who have previously purchased one of my products/courses or signed up to receive updates. I have about 5,000 contacts.

The problem with email marketing plantforms like Aweber, GetResponse and SendinBlue is they do not allow you to import contacts that don't meet their guidelines.

Here are just a few things you can't and can do when importing contacts.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Go with your own self hosted email script and use an SMTP service to deliver the emails. Gives you much more power and options. Ends up cheaper in the long run too.

hipcat

hipcat
Any particular service you would suggest? I have a list made up of 42000 members from one of my GPT sites, but I've never found anything cost effective to even send out a basic newsletter. Every service wants $200+ a pop.

Reactions: Marc van Leeuwen

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
If you can manage spam complaints and bounces well, Amazon SES cost just 10 cents per 1,000 emails sent. SMTP.com charges $500 for 1,000,000 emails per month. There are lot's of SMTP services in between those prices.

Another option is to get clean IPs and massage them and send from your own server. You just have to setup your records properly and setup spam complaint loopbacks with the major email providers.

I personally use Amazon SES with a few SMTP services to help manage spam complaints and bounces. Works very well.

idontwanna

I think email marketing is still a viable strategy but it surely has dwindled down in effectiveness over the past few years. Despite that, I think it is still far better than primarily using Facebook pages.

Anusha Nambiar

Email marketing is still relevant.
Even though other social media channels like LinkedIn, Facebook can be used to enhance your brand, no other channel can beat Email's ROI, CTR and conversion rates. It's one of the most cost-effective channels as well.

marcus101

Hey,

I know there is a very severe debate happening on Social Media over Email Marketing. But always keep in mind, Email Marketing is the oldest strategy and very successful also. Nothing can beat Email Marketing.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.