sitemap is not updating

simonhayes

hi, everyone

i am having a problem related to the sitemap. I have a website and I am publishing content on it but, my blog's links are not appearing in the sitemap.xml ( website made on WordPress and it has Yoast plugin for SEO) so, anyone may suggest to me what to do? (because of it pages are not indexing too)

Aathvika

Are you submitted your sitemap in webmaster? If not, do that first and then click the request indexing button. After doing this definitely your website will visible in google SERP.

Jojomilky

You need to submit your sitemap to google search console and request for indexing that will automatically solve that issue for you

uhtredberg

There are a few ways to update your sitemap.xml file in WordPress. You can use a plugin such as Yoast SEO, regenerate the file manually, or use a service like XML Sitemaps.

If you're using Yoast SEO, all you need to do is go to the "SEO" menu and select "XML Sitemaps." Then, under the "Status" tab, you can click on the "Update now" button next to your sitemap's name. This will automatically generate a new XML file based on your site's most recent changes.

If you don't want to use a plugin, you can regenerate your sitemap manually by going to Tools >, Also Here's the guide on how to create a sitemap in WordPress (www. cloudways.com/blog/create-wordpress-sitemap/).

HifiveHost

If your WordPress sitemap is not updating, try the following steps:-

Clear Caches:
Delete the cache on your WordPress site as well as any caching plugins you may have installed. It's possible that cached versions of your sitemap are causing the outdated information to persist.

Check Plugin Settings: If you're using a plugin to generate your sitemap (such as Yoast SEO or Rank Math), make sure the plugin settings are accurate. If necessary, update the parameters and refresh the sitemap.

Manually Update Sitemap: Manually regenerate and resubmit your sitemap. Most SEO plugins allow you to do this. Navigate to the sitemap area of your SEO plugin settings and seek for a button or link to regenerate the sitemap.

Verify Sitemap in Google Search Console: Go to Google Search Console and see if your sitemap has been posted and indexed correctly. If this is the case, resubmit the sitemap via Google Search Console.

Examine Robots.txt: Make sure your site's robots.txt file isn't preventing search engines from indexing the sitemap. Examine your robots.txt file to ensure that it permits access to your sitemap.

WordPress Permalinks: Check that your WordPress permalinks are properly configured. If there are problems with the permalink structure, sitemap production may be impacted.

Update WordPress and Plugins: Make sure your WordPress installation and all plugins are current. Outdated software can occasionally cause unanticipated problems.

zinavoindia

If your sitemap is not updating, check for errors in the XML file, ensure proper submission to search engines, and confirm the update frequency settings. Additionally, monitor server and caching issues.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.