What am I missing?

CotashCatcher

I started to work with a site where there was already created content with good keywords. All pages are indexed, there are quality backlinks, tags on pages and images are exposed, but still it is at the bottom positions SERP. What am I missing?

Rob Whisonant

Is the content BETTER than all the content in the first 10 search listings? Does the content actually make sense to the search term? Does the content actually make sense to have a top listing?

Reactions: CotashCatcher

CotashCatcher

CotashCatcher
As far as I personally can tell, the content on this site is on the same level. On competitors' sites, the text is just copy-written, like "we're the best because we're the best". And that's all.
Regarding the last two questions, yes, it makes sense

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
On the same level could be a problem. If you want the content to rank higher, it has to BE better. Including the title shown on the search engines. It has to be something that would make a person click it instead of the others.

Does your content you want to rank have internal supporting documents? Do you have other articles on the subject on your site pointing to the article you want to rank?

Do you have any links to the articles from authority sites on the same subject?

How are you proving that your site is an authority site on the subject to the search engines?

dividingtheweb

Seems like raising the overall domain rating (DR/DA) of the site will boost the SERPs results. In cases like the one you're describing, Google's crawler also checks for the total number of domains endorsing your content when weighing it against your competitors' URLs. So, even if you're on an equal basis with your peers on-page SEO-wise, off-page SEO is the next essential part of the puzzle for a budding ecommerce. Nowadays, driving more organic traffic is the condition sine qua non for a budding brand, which demands opting for the all-at-once approach. Thus, aside from what you're already doing, focus on promoting your brand on socials and raising the bar with link-building as well. Such a strategy will most likely aid you in climbing the SERP ladder.

Good luck!

Hugo E.

I started to work with a site where there was already created content with good keywords. All pages are indexed, there are quality backlinks, tags on pages and images are exposed, but still it is at the bottom positions SERP. What am I missing?
There could be several reasons why your website is not ranking well on SERP despite having good keywords, indexed pages, quality backlinks and tags. Some other factors that can affect your website’s ranking include content relevance and quality, mobile-friendliness, domain age and name . It might be helpful to review these factors and see if there are any areas for improvement.

Are you sure you check all these factors for your website?

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.