How to identify spammy backlinks?

Dmoz

Hello,
I have a website and it got more than 10000 backlinks as google webmaster tool reported. I want to know which backlinks are spammy on other websites.

Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks

Mark I. Bentz

Its not easy to find out spammy backlinks from lack of backlinks.I haven't heard any tool to check spammy backlink from the bulk of url.If any please suggest us.

JoshuaRoss

Spammy backlinks are the links that are created using automation tools and if same comment is repeated thousand even lack times then the backlinks that are generated we called them as spammy.

BloodMaster

To check a spammy backlinks use "http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/" and another one is "http://www.link-assistant.com/seo-spyglass/" Both will help you to check spammy backlinks.

aishasony

Do a download of all your backlinks from Google webmaster tool. Then look through each one to see if it is defensible as a "natural" link, or if it is an obvious link for seo. If you have a lot of spammy links, you might consider a cleanup effort. There are several tools out there that can help you remove bad backlinks.

or You can use service from majestic , ahrefs or linkdetox to find out

aksel

You can also choose only high pr or good alexa sites for making backlinks. And these backlinks will help you a lot in getting out of any kind of penalties.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.