How many characters for a domain are the best?

hoangvu

Hi webmasters,

Can I know how many characters for a domain are the best for you?
according to you, short or long characters are better ? and why. Please show me reasons ?

pramod

Hi Kelly,

Hi webmasters,

Can I know how many characters for a domain are the best for you?
according to you, short or long characters are better ? and why. Please show me reasons ?
Choose Domain for your audiences, choose it wisely considering your products/services. Try to keep it short and it should be remember-able, so once your customers visit your Website, they should remember your Website so they can visit again.

Maxwell

In my opinion, number of characters are not more than 10, if you submit url to big websites or social networks, some will require your domain in 10 characters for standard URL, if your domain is more than 10 characters, it will be shortened automatically thus you should choose domain with less than 10 characters in it. I suggest that.

HostNurse

Domain length is one factors you should look into when choosing a domain name, ofcourse shorter domain names are better than lengthy domains if they are easy to spell, remember, and type.

hostingbourg

First of all the domain name must reflect the content of the website. Not too long but if it had to be try to separate with middle dash "-"between each word.

Darius

Darius
In my opinion, it is really not important how many characters have your domain name. Perhaps, for common sense, its up to 20 characters.
Your domain have to be logic one and reflect the content available to read on your website. The content and the structure of your site is the king now, not the domain name.
You should choose shortest domain name in case, you want to make your site the global brand and want to advertise it globaly offline too.

aksel

I think the short domain with simple naming is fine so that others remember it easily, and also you can try to make it attractive by adding some different words but pointing out to your service.

radhika

As long as you reflect your business in the domain name, you can go with shortest possible length.

Some uses their brandname or keyword in it with a hyphen. That works well too.

William Minarik

You cannot go over 63 domain characters within your domain name. Make an effort to keep your domain name short and sweet with targeted keywords in it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.