- Nov 24, 2012
To read complete article visit original source [URLnf=http://moz.com/blog/hummingbird-unleashed]http://moz.com/blog/hummingbird-unleashed[/URLnf].â€¢ When creating/optimizing a site, are you doing it with a clear audience in your mind?
â€¢ When performing on-page optimization for your site, are you following at least these SEO best practices?
â€¢ Are your link-building objectives:
- Using a clear and not overly complex information architecture;
- Avoiding canonicalization issues;
- Avoiding thin-content issues;
- Creating a semantic content model;
- Topically optimizing the content of the site on a page-by-page basis, using natural and semantically rich language and with a landing page-centric strategy in mind;
- Creating useful content using several formats, that you yourself would like to share with your friends and link to;
- Implementing Schema.org, Open Graph and semantic mark-ups.
â€¢ As an SEO, is social media offering these advantages?
- Better brand visibility?
- Gaining referral traffic?
- Enhancing the sense of thought leadership of your brand?
- Topically related sites and/or topically related sections of a more generalist site (i.e.: News site)?
- Wider brand visibility;
- Social echo;
- Increased mentions/links in the form of derivatives, co-occurrences, and co-citation in others' web sites;
- Organic traffic and brand ambassadors' growth.