Firefox vs. Chrome which loads faster?

Jovani

As I feel Chrome is loading faster than firefox when browsing any websites but on Gmail it loaded very slow while on my firefox loading my mails better. In your personal opinion then between Firefox and Chrome which loads faster?

any comparisons and your reasons?

nathancs

In my opinion is Mozilla Firefox loads faster and secure browser. When i use Google chrome for browsing is very slowly so only i use Firefox only.

Inquestor

Well, I run a total of 4 browsers and I rank their speed as followed

1) Torch (Chromium Browser) - Very fast, no way involved with Google

2) Chrome - Pretty Fast

3) Firefox - (Crashes a lot, very slow for no reasons, maybe because I have lots of plugins)

4) Internet Explorer (Worse browser ever, cant even load fast with their own outlook.com:clap:)

HostedInside

Chrome, its the fasted i used. Firefox is fast if you none plugin enabled.

jasonquey

Chrome is very fast but addon is not working. Mozilla is same time slow but many addon is available

drwebsitesuk

I will go with IE7. its just fantastic. HTML5 sported. flash player already installed. awesome speed. not even a single bug.

thanks Microsoft for making it. :thumb: :clap::clap:

HostAwesome

I think Chrome has been benchmarked as being faster. Definitely feels that way, but I use FF for functionality.

Arthurri

I have noticed that Chrome does load pages faster. I mostly use firefox. I always thought that because I use quite a few addons, FF's performance was affected. Hence, why Chrome seems to load faster... I could be wrong though.

Harvey

IMHO it's mainly a matter of preferences. It's not like one is absolutely better than the other, when it comes to speed tests it changes with every update, once it's Firefox the other time it's Chrome.
But we need to remember, that we're discussing only these two browser, there are other, faster but simpler ones.

Alex - A2Hosting
Major changes in browsers are not coming as quick as you may think. Chrome is and always has been faster then Firefox, for me. Currently I type this in in FF though as I prefer it's feel and look compared to Chrome.

Which other browsers are you referring to? I have not been able to find one that beats Chrome personally but would love to give some a try!

Harvey

Major changes in browsers are not coming as quick as you may think.
Ok, I might had exaggerated a bit with "every update", but still those major changes you're talking about change test results in favor of one or another almost each time.

Which other browsers are you referring to?
Well you can try Arora, rekonq and Midori, for a starter. Keep in mind that I mentioned those're simpler browsers, though.

Salami

I use both for work and can't say I notice that much difference between them, some days firefox seems slow, but the chrome has its slow days too.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.