Reduce backlinks decrease web traffic?

Maxwell

I used google disallow tool to remove unwanted backlinks from other websites but when Google reported the process is complete then I see my website decreasing traffic and a little for keyword rankings. My question is reduce backlinks will make my site decrease traffic or other reasons?

Anyone give me any advice?

bob

Hmm, Yes For sometime your site traffic will get low but don't worry if you leave backlinks on quality website after that than your traffic and rank will be increased.

Tim Whittingham

I used google disallow tool to remove unwanted backlinks from other websites but when Google reported the process is complete then I see my website decreasing traffic and a little for keyword rankings. My question is reduce backlinks will make my site decrease traffic or other reasons?

Anyone give me any advice?
If you disavowed a load of links, you might have got rid of some links that were helping you in the SERPs. Did you analyse these links before removing them? Why did you remove them? It is common knowledge that some links improve your position in the SERPs and others are a hindrance.

Reactions: yestyle

Maxwell

Maxwell
I think so, may be I remove some useful backlinks for my site thus it decrease keywords ranking for those backlinks, also decrease traffic. what should I do next ?

Tim Whittingham

Tim Whittingham
It might be useful to conduct a link audit. Doing this will show you detailed results to how the links coming to and from your site are affecting you. Once this is done you will have a clearer idea on which links are good and bad. You can call me on 0208 1239429 for a free consultation and we can explain the process a lot clearer.

MariaNaylor

I think yes, your website traffic gets reduced just because you removed backlinks. But don't worry bad backlinks are not useful for a website. You may get penalty from google for spammy backlinks, so work again and make some healthy backlinks.

Tim Whittingham

This is true, but you need to determine which links are spammy before you remove them. The best way is to use link auditing tools to find them. Only then, you can know which links are harming your site. Search 'link auditors' and take a look around the tools

timbarnard

The reason behind this can be you have disallow some important backlinks. You should really care while selcting links for disallow.

ketul

Yeah. little bit difference occur while you do it. But it is good exercise that helps you in future. because you already take protection before SE hit your site due to spammy and unnatural back links.

:salute:

vaneetagoswami

Deleting the back-links means your link juice is you get from that site is totally stopped. I completely agree with the first statement which you are mentioned in the thread. Reduces in Back-links is always affect the traffic. This might be a reason of your decrease traffic. Another thing is that reducing the back-links is also effect to page rank too.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies