Which is better adwords or SEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

It shouldn't necessarily be thought of as one vs. the other...

Here's an analogy:

AdWords is paid traffic and SEO is organic and free traffic...

If you were an offline business, such as a pizza restaurant...

You could PAY for advertising (such as a TV commercial)

OR you could rely on organic, free traffic (people walking in from the street)

Paying for advertising can have many positive benefits and so can organic, natural traffic.

Why think of them as one vs. the other?

If you don't have enough natural, organic traffic (from SEO) then paid traffic can certainly
help your business get a boost or a kickstart...

You don't necessarily have to use Adwords, there are other paid advertising options out there
such as banner advertising, PPV, email marketing via solo ads, etc.

Google changes their algorithms all the time so even if you have organic traffic from SEO,
if Google sneezes, you can lose your business overnight... So that's something to think about.

kamlesh

All i can say is that if you are looking for faster results and want traffic right away then no one can beat the power of adword but if you are looking for long term result then seo is way to go and all you can get from seo is free traffic to your website.

technogupshup1

I suggest do not go with google Adword. As per my analysis google are not giving any more importance to paid traffic. So natural organic traffic boost your traffic with powerful SEO.
Thus I will recommend you SEO. Because SEO is permanent while Adword is very different. So go with SEO. All the best.

emanate

nobody clicks on those adword and ppc ads. when people are shopping they just go straight to the organic stuff. you are also bidding against target, walmart, and others when you do ppc. if you have a very specific niche you can outrank large corporations.

emanate

i work for a brick and mortar SEO company. Google likes original, high quality, focused content. If you sell car parts, doormats, and showerheads then you're probably not going to be ranked very highly.

ericplotz1

Both CAN work well but....

The one thing I am not hearing is Adwords certification! Anyone can run ad campaigns but how well you're ad does depends on ad placement. Ad placement is determine by Ad Rank! Ad Rank takes 5 factors into consideration. Bid + CTR +Ad Relevance + Landing Page experience + Ad formats = Ad Rank

So you see, the longer your ad runs, the better it will rank (due to CTR and improvements made), and that is necessary for results.

A lot of people seem to think they can try an ad and if it doesn't work the first time, they change it, not understanding they need to give Google time to analyze the ad and rank it.

So I would advise that if you are going to get into Adwords, that you get certified first!

BloodMaster

After reading all the threads. I think OP gets the information what exactly he/she looking for, so I am close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.