What is Google Dance?

hoangvu

I heard more times about this SEO term but i really didn't its meanings. when my keywords disappear on google search or decrease rankings and back after some days soon then it's Google dance, right?

Can you explain me what is Google Dance? how to avoid it and get back immediately when we got google dance :(

Many thanks

vaneetagoswami

Kelly You are absolutely right. Google Keyword dance means your keyword is not sees in exact result. It fluctuate and going up and down sometimes it disappear from search engine. You know what it is very hard to tell why this happens with your site but whenever you see such a happen with your keyword you have to stop SEO work of that site.

Alawi

I heard more times about this SEO term but i really didn't its meanings. when my keywords disappear on google search or decrease rankings and back after some days soon then it's Google dance, right?
Can you explain me what is Google Dance? how to avoid it and get back immediately when we got google dance :(
Google dance is simply a fluctuation of your keyword rankings in the search results which means its either your site is not improving or there are many websites that are better than yours or the worst Google penalize the site (de-index) :think:

omkarsoft

In SEO, Google Dance is an out-dated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period. The "Google Dance" would happen anywhere up to 36 times per year.

rosalinacristy

Time to Time Google changes the ranking of keywords, this fluctuation is called Google Dance.

DPrat

What is Google Dance Exactly - by Pratwords.com

Many thanks
Hi @KellyLC, Google used to change its algorithms 100s of times across the year. Google panda is believed to get updated every 15days which Google dont used to reveal due to its frequency and small changes. Due to all the algorithmic changes, we can find Google SERPs are fluctuating up and down. These fluctuations are referred as Google Dance.

I hope that helps.

DPrat

Google Panda, Penguin and Pigeon - Pratwords.com

Very informative like you are doing in Google team :think:
Please guide me what is the difference between Panda, Penguin and Pigeon?
I am not in Google's Webspam team, but yes I do keep contacts with Google's Webspam team and its major contributors, SEJ's editors and many more related to this field. This helps me to get these facts from Google and other authorities.

Penguin Update
Google Penguin is aimed at decreasing search engine rankings of websites that violate Google’s Webmaster Guidelines by using now declared black-hat SEO techniques involved in increasing artificially the ranking of a webpage by manipulating the number of links pointing to the page. Such tactics are commonly described as link schemes.

Google Panda
Google's Panda Update is meant to stop sites with poor quality content from working their way into Google's top search results.

Google Pigeon
This algorithm helps to provide more accurate and the best local search results.

I hope that helps.

Anna Smith

When Google rolled out its algorithm changes then search results used to jump around or up and down.
Google dance occurred approx 10 times per year. Not to worry for Google Dance just do white hat seo like you need to increase your site quality and need to get enough quality back links to get rid of Google dance.

LanceBachmann

Google Dance is an out-dated term used to describe the time period when Google used to refresh its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP start fluctuating everytime when you check. You will get different ranks for same keywords in a days time when you check it.

The "Google Dance" would happen anywhere up to 36 times per year, however in 2003 Google begun updating its index on a weekly basis, which all but eliminated the Google Dance.

elcidofaguy

Nice info... However I still see fluctuations prior to either imminent gain or loss of rankings... In this context I'm sure its related to testing CTR and bounce rates of a specific site and not the general case of refreshing/rebuilding the rankings.... As G's algo is a highly guarded secret - one can only speculate with this being my view based on keyword tracking data and matching hypothesis that correlates...

Maja

I have read on many blogs about keyword dance not Google dance. In keyword dance a site changes its place for different keywords

jonathan85

jonathan85
Say Google dance means "keyword dance" keyword change its positions on Google search results suddenly and change back original position in a short time, a day or some days. Am I right?

Worldeyeglasses

Google Dance is the Google's way of using the Domain Name System (DNS). The name "Google Dance" has often been used to describe the index update of the Google search engine. Google's index update occurred on average once per month.

kb24

The google dance is where you website is new and your website will "dance" going from page 3 then to page 6 back to page 2 ect..over time as you add more content to your site your website will settle into a position. Don't just stop continue to add content to your site. It takes time for google to recognize your site.

SEOPub

Hi @KellyLC, Google used to change its algorithms 100s of times across the year. Google panda is believed to get updated every 15days which Google dont used to reveal due to its frequency and small changes. Due to all the algorithmic changes, we can find Google SERPs are fluctuating up and down. These fluctuations are referred as Google Dance.

I hope that helps.
Google still does change its algorithms hundreds of times a year. Nobody believes that Panda gets updated every 15 days. You just made that up.

The google dance is where you website is new and your website will "dance" going from page 3 then to page 6 back to page 2 ect..over time as you add more content to your site your website will settle into a position. Don't just stop continue to add content to your site. It takes time for google to recognize your site.
Adding content has nothing to do with it. You can stop adding content and rank just as well.

Webmaster.Xochitl

Google Dance is a genuine impact that has quantifiable implications in a specific site's ranking later some of on or off page search engine optimization.

lorettalschmitz

Google dance occurs in a period of time in which Google rebuilds its ranking algorithm, and due to this rebuild going on, rankings of websites on SERPs fluctuate. This term is pretty much outdated, because since 2003 Google dance wasn't the issue anymore. However, this term came to use again after Panda update and then Penguin update, because both of them caused ups-and-downs in rankings for many sites.

JoeMongan

A Google dance is typical with new websites and ones that have had links built artificially. Basically, it's nothing to worry about and the keywords will stabilize after a period of time, once your site has aged that is.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.