What to Do If Your Website Traffic Drops?

hoangvu

Hi everyone,

I am worrying about sudden drops a little in my blog traffic, I can see almost all the keywords on same positions in google webmaster tool but traffic has been decreased to almost 10 percent when comparing to last month.
What things I should do in this case?
I checked errors or messages in Webmaster tools but no issues. I don't think its kind of plenty imposed by Google.

Any comments ?

Thanks

Alawi

It will something to do with your blog site's content, Check your blog site's stories if it is engaging with your targeted audience.

abhi_garg

It Happens with anyone sometime ! It also happen with me last time ! I have word press Blog & my blog website ranking went little down last month ! I also worry about my traffic but I got my traffic back within one week ! So don't worry about it ! you will also get your Traffic.

banu

Check the quality of content and readability. Post in social networking sites and groups to aim at your target audience.

rohitrgddf

Quality of content is very important for the site. if your has low quality, its ranking will drop.

Have you been monitoring referral traffic over the months? If so, compare where your visitors are coming from and see if a specific well performing site that referred traffic to you has gone down or removed your links.

If not, it could just be one of those months as traffic will go up/down occasionally. Probably will become an issue if you notice a further decrease next month.

Quality of content is very important for the site. if your has low quality, its ranking will drop.
The OP has reporting that rankings are the same for all keywords.

abhishekbt

First thing I do is try to find the reason, if it is normal and drop is not a result of penalty, then I do not worry much as I know it can be fixed quickly, but if it is a penalty, then it is very tough to get rid of that mess.

christopher

All rankings are the same, then it's definitely not a penalty; the matter here is traffic drop. It may be because your content is not engaging enough, or there were fewer number of people searching for those kws that month. I wouldn't care if I were you; instead, just keep on building high quality backlinks and make content more appealing.

YourSEOCompany

Reason behind the traffic drop ?
It depends on a number of situations. If you were used to generate spam back links without proper on-page SEO then it is not a big thing to be penalized or to loose back links. But sometimes we loose back links as well despite of performing a white HAT seo, because our competitor come with a better way than us. perhaps that might be content difference or keyword selection.Some times keyword stuffing also cause us a serious traffic and ranking lose situations..So i do repeat again that there might be number of situations and for the purpose a analysis and on-page , off-page audit must be conducted.

ShoeNickel

If your website starts to drop rank it could be a few things. Either your competition is passing you or you did something to your website that changed your rankings. What i would do is keep building backlinks and see what happens. Remember your competition is always trying to pass you on the search engines so you need to be building links at the same rate or higher.

Reactions: hoangvu

hoangvu

hoangvu
I don't think backlinks are more important at this time, may be content to get better. Should I update content or making any advertising campaigns to get my traffic back/increase?

Craxx

Hi everyone,

I am worrying about sudden drops a little in my blog traffic, I can see almost all the keywords on same positions in google webmaster tool but traffic has been decreased to almost 10 percent when comparing to last month.
What things I should do in this case?
I checked errors or messages in Webmaster tools but no issues. I don't think its kind of plenty imposed by Google.

Any comments ?

Thanks
If your website's ranking has not dropped but its traffic has dropped, the reason could be that the people your website targets may be busy with their own things (festival). Maybe the number of people that search for your keywords have decreased?

seodubay

Look for bad backlinks your site might be a victim or there maybe a chances of links removing

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.