communicating with your prospects about your products
services & affiliate marketing efforts and there are lot
of services available like aweber, getresponse,mailchimp

Yes i can understand what you are asking me isn't
i am using rapidresponsebot as my autoresponder
because its cost effective and meets my requirement
to perform the optin list building and email marketing
promotions to my subscribers..

what is the autoresponder service you use and why?

Olin Lamanna

Blue host can be a good choice that can help you create your auto responder website.

Jason Chan

Jason Chan
I don't think blue host is a good choice it you are going to with their web hosting. I have got 3 shared hosting packages with bluehost in the past but I must leave it beacause their quality is low, my sites used to get downtimes in some hours are very low loading. Now I changed to new hosting providers and they are good to now

Mompreneur

I've used several different autoresponder services in the past including Constant Contact, Get Response and Instant Customer. But I always go back to Aweber. Aweber have the highest deliverability rate in the industry, so if you're serious about getting your emails delivered (rather than caught in the spam filters), Aweber is the way to go. They're also fairly easy to use, they provide tutorials and they also have tons of great content on how to improve your email marketing.

They are also coming up with lots of new apps that makes integrating your optin form into your website easier. They now have a wordpress plugin that allows anyone who comments on your blog to be automatically subscribed to your list and they've just launched a new mobile optin app. Aweber is constantly working on improving and adding new tools and that's one of the many reasons I like them best.

elcidofaguy

For me its self hosting all the way!!! I use Sendy which leverages Amazon SES and its like x100 cheaper and performs like a champ - as good or better than the big names... With amazon ses you can send out 10,000 emails for free everyday.... Important thing is to make sure you have DKIM and SPF setup and you're then ready to rock and roll... amazing considering sendy costs around 50 bucks as a one off payment!

James McAllister

I personally use GetResponse. Aweber is another solid choice.

I would advise staying away from any free autoresponders, especially MailChimp. Their terms of service are ridiculous and they are quite ban-happy when it comes to internet marketers.

NickTheMusketeer

I am using Aweber. I pay $19/mo and it's one of the best autoresponders out there. I'd recommend you to use Aweber or some solid alternatives (GetResponse, MailChimp, CreateSend, Constant Contact etc) so that your emails don't end up in spam folder.

The Overseer

I have accounts with AWeber, Get Response, and Mail Chimp. And before someone tries getting on my case about Mail Chimp...read this: Mail Chimp vs Affiliate Marketing. MC isn't against affiliate marketers...they're against useless spammers.

elcidofaguy

Seriously I've tried the big names as all mentioned here... and since moving to a self hosted solution which leverages Amazon SES (Mandrill being some other alternatives) - you get all of the benefits of solid performance, plus a scalability that allows you to expand on a massive scale... For example $19 p/m not bad when starting out but that only covers 500 subscribers, start scaling upto 10K subscribers and its a significant investment of funds...

With self hosting you also don't have the risks of third party reliance and further the annoyance of moving lists with requiring optin confirmation... and best of all the costs are x100 cheaper.... If you know a little PHP you can also do some very cool things which is lacking in many third party providers.... Since moving to self hosting I for one will never go back....

NickTheMusketeer

NickTheMusketeer
Yes, I agree with you. My mailing list is relatively small but it's a targeted amount of people. As far as the self-hosted solution is concerned, you must make sure that major email service providers don't blacklist you. You can easily do so by sending them an email. However, it's a slow process. If you want to make money off your subscribers within the same week then you'd rather use a paid service to avoid the frustration of waiting for a response.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
With Amazon SES it was just one email to request access out of the sand-box and that's it! ... It was a simple message to state that I am promoting a new business and within 24 hrs I was approved.... Never had any problems ever since... never had to make any more requests... But lets say I do I have a problem... At least my list is safe as it is self hosted and I can easily configure it to point to another provider like Mandrill.... With the third party solutions you may lose access to your account and with that your list....

boognish

I don't send out newsletters often but MailChimp has worked well for me. If you require a more powerful platform Aweber is the way to go.

Last edited:

Fonzan

For me, I use GetResponse, because many big Internet marketers are using it.
And when I joint GetResponse, I discovered that you get a big solid email marketing course as well!!
You can choose from a 3 months course (learning 3 hours a day)
Or you choose the 6 months course (leaning 2 hours a day)
It's a very complete course with 20% learning (videos) and 80% doing..
I like this a lot...
(Gee, am I thát obvious?) :blink:

blueclcl

I use Get Response because it's fine with me using single opt in and also with me providing affiliate links and content in the Internet marketing niche.

I also use them because of the features, which are pretty good compared to most of the other providers.

I do also use MadMimi, but Get response is my main choice and recommendation.

skmyna

Absolutely, Get Response is the best autoresponder. There is one free autoresponder around the corner which works great is listwire.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.