SEO for PDF Files?

JoeHamilton

As I knew then Google cached text on PDF files and showing them on search results thus I can think about ways to SEO for my pdf files.
but this seems to be too new for me, can anyone know how to optimize a PDF file for SEO?
please share tips

Fredrick

please ensure that your PDF file contains plain text, not words in the form of pictures with this search engines are able to recognize the text.. also dont save your file in the latest version of pdf use old version so that people who have the lower version and not upgraded are at large can find them easily..

SiteChef

Make sure you can select the text in your PDF, and if you were to copy and paste the text it would make sense meaning that selecting text doesn't copy from different columns - if you use two columns in your PDF, make sure that the selection goes down the column before moving on to the next column, otherwise you end up with incomprehensible text that can't be understood by Google. Limit the amount of images in the PDF or keep them as background elements, lower the size of the PDF as well - PDFs can get large, and Google has limits on the size of files it will index.

abhi_garg

I don't have much & deep sound About SEO for PDF Files but as much I have that is Google won't pay much attention toward PDF Fils & Flash !

1SEO

Use links sparingly with good anchor text and you should be able to get some value from them. Just never over do any links in any page and it won't discredit you.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.