Increase Website Traffic?

Elphas Mdluli

Hey Webmasters,

Actually I am working with website and keyword of that site is Global and high competitive. So its quite difficult to get that keyword into ranking in short periods but yes we can bring traffic towards that site. Actually I am doing the off-page optimization for that site but can you guys tell me some thing special that increase my site traffic and I enjoy that extra topping(traffic) on my pepperoni pizza(website). In short I want to increase traffic towards my website. Looking for your answers..
If you want traffic, there are different ways:

1) Both on- page and off-page optimization are important. On page will also mean that there is high quality content on your website. Every website surfer will enjoy feeding on that site. Off-page will include the issue of backlinks and other stuff.

2) Social networks can also help in bringing traffic to your site. Again, it also depends on what you post in those networks that will make people want to visit your site. Content, content, content matters.

3) I have found that good quality articles posted in article directories also draw traffic to one's site. Again, quality content is the issue.

4) There are many other ways...

coleva

First of all the most important thing is the content, Submit unique and relevant content on your website which will give good number of visitors to your website. to increase the traffic build some quality links for your website. For link building do Guest Posting, Social Bookmarking, Directory Submission, Article Syndication and Forums thsi will help you in ranking for your keywords.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
A few years ago I would of agreed with most of what you're saying but its 2015 now and SEO landscape has changed significantly! So I'll give you a quick run through:

Guest Posting - Yes but only on sites which have tons of traffic and are authoritative. That means avoid the ones which are obvious that the web owner is receiving cash for articles with many having fake PR metrics (noting PR is a thing of the past....)... they all get hammered if not already....

Social Bookmarking - Its rubbish these days... Sorry to say it can be a lot of nofollow links on low authority sites - but besides that you're leaving a massive footprint telling G that you are attempting to game the SERPs... I would only consider it for tier 2 and below on buffer sites, but for sure not on my money sites!

Directory Submission - Just look at the way G has hammered these out of existence... You are more likely to lose rankings and again another massive foot print telling G that you are gaming the serps...

Article Syndication - Some people really stand by this one, no matter what... But being blunt you're duplicating content on sites which have no authority and no traffic... Think about it ... Does G want to give authority and traffic to such sites in the first place?

When you say quality links - then that means you must invest time and effort to ascertain that the website/resource in question is authoritative and has traffic... and the link is on those pages... You can also forget websites which on the home page have a high PR (again we got to stop using the term PR but you get my point) - but on deeply nested pages its a PR 0 or PR n/a as that does nothing and there are a lot of scrupulous folks making money from selling such things.... i.e. if in doubt link juice needs to flow to these lower pages...

That said - with many refusing to believe such things - its makes it much easier for those who do understand to rank on the SERPs... but you need to get your head round the fact that its 2015 and SEO has changed!!! Above all you need to understand G's algo will punish you for obvious footprints which tell it that you are gaming the serps, hence tiered linkbuilding, PBNs and social media (if you can get your campaigns to go viral)... are some of the ways which still are working - but requires a level of knowledge in order to do it correctly....

elcidofaguy

Hi Winson - For sure...

If you use FB regularly then I'm sure you've seen a lot of quizzes on your wall, such as your friends sharing the results...

There are so many of them these days with playbuzz probably being the biggest... You can also do lists.. I'm just looking at my FB wall and see the following:

1) List - "22 Insanely Creative Candle Designs" which has over 1000+ likes and a few hundred shares...
2) Quizz - "Can You Guess What These British Phrases Mean" (a French buddy of mine scored 15/15 so he must of been listening to me a lot lol)....

I could keep scrolling but hopefully you get the idea... Just look at your FB wall and you will see what things are going viral....

To create these you can join buzzfeed or similar platforms ... as well as joining or paying for the software.... Have a search online and you'll see what I mean....

At the end of these quizzes - I drop in a link to my site stating something like ... If you like this, want to know more.... etc then click here.... or if you want to get a free copy of xxx click here... etc

Once developed you'll need to invest some money into launching an FB ad campaign.... From my experience these have performed excellently with driving traffic, getting shares and likes... after a while they take a life of their own with organic likes, shares etc - which means you can take your foot of the pedal when it comes to spending money on ads....

Hope that helps! Best of luck, Sid

Elphas Mdluli

Hey Webmasters,

Actually I am working with website and keyword of that site is Global and high competitive. So its quite difficult to get that keyword into ranking in short periods but yes we can bring traffic towards that site. Actually I am doing the off-page optimization for that site but can you guys tell me some thing special that increase my site traffic and I enjoy that extra topping(traffic) on my pepperoni pizza(website). In short I want to increase traffic towards my website. Looking for your answers..
Ok, off-site optimization is good and great. But remember that after doing all of that,they will come to your website. Now, the question is, "once they are on your site, what will they find? What will keep them there?" In other words, I am saying on- site and off-site are both important. Once visitors have come, let them find quality content in your website so thet they can come back.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.