Special Characters in Meta Tag Title?

fromrachel

Hi there, have you ever used special characters in your meta tag title (& | - # ), I want to know it can affect to ranking for keywords on the title?
your answers will be more helpful for me

DPrat

Hi there, have you ever used special characters in your meta tag title (& | - # ), I want to know it can affect to ranking for keywords on the title?
your answers will be more helpful for me
As far as Google Algorithm is concerned, special characters like "|", "_" and "-" only matters. "|" and "-" act as separators and "_" (underscore) between two words meant as same word. It is better to use "|" and "-" in Title tags. For meta description it is suggested not to use them.

BloodMaster

You can use "|" and "-" to seprate two different keywords and yes I agree with Dpart that you can use"_" to merger two different word as one and many optimizer are using the same special symbol too. But if you war worry about "&" and other tags than in my personal opinion I suggest you to avoid that symbols in title tags. Its good in use but in some extent it won't prove benefited for your website..

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.