can Cloudfare hide my IP Address?

Faaiza

Did anyone use cloudfare or other content delivery networks, they can hide my real IP address, even someone want to see it from whois?
with Cloudfare it can hide my IP Address?

Hostname.club

No, actually Cloudflare can not hide your IP even if you purchase for a Business plan.
To hide IP, you must hide from both inbound and outbound connections.

Hostname.club

For outbound connections, it comes with exim (mail send to all users), so my suggestion is using Neomailbox, an anonymous email smtp for hidden your IP.

Inbound connections can be hide using Incapsula. :)

ElixantTechnology

It really depends on how badly the person wants to find out what your IP address is, and the extent that they are willing to go to figure it out. In the end, there is no real way to actually hide your IP. Why would you want to anyways?

Hostname.club

Hostname.club
If you get a big DDoS attack direct to IP, you will see how do we need to hide IP from background. :)

ElixantTechnology

Sure, but if you're expecting to receive such a large DDoS attack, it would be better recommended that you utilize a DDoS Mitigation Service or a Hosting Provider that does at the network-level. CloudFlare will only pretect you from attack to a certain extent. As a CloudFlare Certified Hosting Provider, we do still recommend customers utilize proper DDoS protection methods if they expect that they will be under attack.

Hostname.club

Hostname.club
Certainly CloudFlare Business plan can cover many kind of DDoS attacks, but from a datacenter DDoS Mitigation is very important. We knew some Datacenters with very big upstream for prevent DDoS attack, but if you have hundred of websites pointing to a single IP, it will be nightmare.

ElixantTechnology

You're talking some pretty big attacks here, what kind of website would you be running to get targeted as such? A proper DDoS Mitigated host is equipped to handle 200gbps+ at the network/hardware level (mitigated). Even with the paid (business) level of Cloudflare, you are still limited to about a 40gbps attack, and CloudFlare has been known to null-route after only 15 minutes. To each in their own I guess, I just hope that you don't expect CloudFlare to be a one-click-fix-all solution.

Hostname.club

Hostname.club
I totally agree. Cloudflare is not one-click fix everything :)
Sometimes our server hits around 80Gbps DDoS attack, so a solution from a Datacenter is something we care about.

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
Good to hear haha. I find a lot of people jump on the CloudFlare bandwagon as a cheap DDoS mitigation service, which is not what it is at all. Hence why I try not to sell my customers on CloudFlare as a DDoS Mitigation Solution, rather a CDN (which is what is really meant for). You wouldn't believe the amount of customer requests I have to deal with on a daily basis, customers trying to avoid attacks with strictly CloudFlare rather than upgrading to our DDoS mitigated services. Pain in the ass I tell ya.

ElixantTechnology

It all depends really. We provide remote DDoS protection for as little as $129/month (5gbps / 2000k pps). We can offer much larger protection, depending on requirements.

King-Servers

Yes, cloudfare will hide your IP address, but its not the solution for DDoS attack.

Hostname.club

Hostname.club
Not really. A Small plan on Cloudflare is hide ip for normal tracking, but if you can try some tools for getting an original server ip as well.

ElixantTechnology

No matter what you do though, in the end, if someone really wanted to, they could trace packets to your original IP. There is no way to truly hide your IP address, other than not having one at all.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies