Tips or techniques to reduce RAM usage on shared or VPS?

Starfire

Hello, for recent days my websites increase traffic suddenly and my RAM reached to 100% and seem my hosting restarted automatically
I want to know some tips or techniques to reduce RAM usage on shared or VPS?

ElixantTechnology

What kind of software platform are you running for your website? If you've got root access, I would recommend tuning PHP, MySQL and Apache via their configuration files. The stock configuration can be a bit of a hog.

For example, with MySQL's stock configuration it will use 52GB of RAM for 150 concurrent connections.
Whereas an optimized one can handle something more like 2,000 concurrent connections with only 24GB or RAM.

ElixantTechnology

There is no one way to optimize the server, there is so much to be done to get everything working at maximum optimization. It depends on your hardware, software and platform. I would recommend hitting google, there is way too much for me to go over in one post here. Also, configurations that work for one server, might not work for another. I really never recommend that anyone get a VPS or Dedicated Server unless they are a trained systems administrator with years of knowledge and experience in managing the platform OR they have someone one the payroll who does or the server is managed through the hosting provider.

Without the proper knowledge on how to fine tune your configuration files, you'll never be able to use your hardware to it's maximum potential

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views