Is SSD Disk Important with VPS or Not?

Jovani

Hello,
I have do some researches and found an article said that SSD disks is no more effective with VPS, is it true or not?
If not, I think I don't need to pay extra fee for SSD disks to increase speed on my VPS anymore. So what are your advice?

Euservr

RAID10 and SSD Disk has almost same performance. SSD Cost high. 1gbps port speed and raid10 is enough for good performance of a vps for hosting site.

ElixantTechnology

Currently we are building a VPS Infrastructure for our DiamondVM and InstaVM brands, and we have chosen to utilize SAS drives in a RAID10 configuration for the best possible performmance. After much research into SSD technologies we have only found that it is not a good idea to utilize SSD on VPS infrastructure. Unfortunately SSD seem to lose performance while in RAID configurations, as well as you need to consider that SSD drives have a limit to the amount of writes to each sector of the device. A VPS node will utilize a high level of Disk I/O and will result in SSD drives failing a lot faster.

With tests that we have conducted, utilizing SATA drives in Raid 10 will give you nearly equal performance to SSD drives in Raid, while SAS drives in Raid 10 at times will give even better performance.

King-Servers

SSD Disk is not important but it definitely improves server performance as it read/writes data up to 800x faster as compared to the SATA Drives. If you can afford it, go for it!

NickTheMusketeer

SSDs only favour server performance. That means if you plan to use a VPS or Dedicated Server as an RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) or as a gameserver then your investment will definitely be cost-effective.
However, if you plan to use the VPS or Dedicated Server to host a small amount of websites that do not require a lot of space then normal HDD will be more than enough for your needs.

KeyElement

SSD disk increase your perfomace very good on high load project, it's a good idea to store scripts/js/css/html files on SSD. But it have no sence to store big files for download such as video/music content.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.