How to choose VPS or Dedicated server to make my website run fastest?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hello,

Can you show me ways how to choose VPS or Dedicated server to make my website run fastest?
relate to RAM or number of CPUs??
of course, I want to run with my website, base on PHP/Mysql, wordpress or no wordpress cms

how to our website run fastest on PCs of customers :)

thanks

Hassan

ElixantTechnology

How big is your website? How much traffic do you see driven to your website? For the most part when it comes to selecting a processor, an Intel Xeon E3-12xx will be able to handle a large amount of load that might be generated from a dynamic website that utilizes MySQL and PHP. When looking at the memory, right out of the box you need to consider that MySQL will utilize an average of 32GB of RAM per 100 concurrent connections, with valid optimization that can increase to around 22GB per 5000 concurrent connections. You really need to know to fine-tune your software configuration files.

For the average website (that would require you to be on a Dedicated Server to begin with), I would say no less than 8GB of RAM. Bandwidth is pretty cheap these days, and most Dedicated Servers will come with 10TB, which should be more than enough to run a decently sized website.

ElixantTechnology

Grab an E3 with 12GB of RAM, you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading for awhile as long as the software is configured correctly.

TempleNode

Tune it
1. Nginx+PHP-FPM
2. Tune mysql server
3. Use memcached for session files if you do not have ssd
4. Use opcache
5. Use varnish or nginx cache

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views