How to do SEO on my blog?

Charissa

yup,

I'm going to start blog. Can anyone suggest me how to do SEO on my blog??

elcidofaguy

Hi Charissa,

That's a very open ended question, you'll find that most of the posts here relate to that in some way as well as the tons of other info you can get online... So it's going to require reading up and learning if you're completely new... You'll probably get some folks screaming out udemy or linda as the definitive answer lol... There okay for beginners noting there's lots of other places too ;-)... I'll try and break it down for you, with the hope that this can get you started:

1) When starting out choose a subject/niche that you have knowledge off, which you are enthusiastic about...
2) Implement keyword research using Google keyword planner tool... This lets you see traffic volumes for keywords.. It can also help with creating a to-do list of your articles (title, subjects etc) as well as the categories/sub categories for your blog.
3) Recommend that you use self hosting (and not one of those free blogs like blogger, wordpress.com)... together with a good CMS such as wordpress. Also choose a good theme, easy to read and style which is appealing....
4) Learn about on-page SEO - i.e. use title, meta description, heading tags being the basics... Write engaging, useful content... Recommend that you read up on content marketing also....
5) Get involved with social media platforms as that is a great way to get your blog heard when starting out...

Beyond that its much more complicated... But as a run down:
6) Off page SEO for ranking on serps.
7) Monetizing your blog e.g. adsense, promote products as an affiliate or sell as a vendor etc...
8) Ads on social media, forums, adwords,...
For points (7) (8) - Noting to be careful to read the TOS and to abide by the rules as its easy to get your account suspended etc

9) And also hugely important is to use an autoresponder, build a list (usually the best way is to offer a bonus in return for a signup)... etc... Use your list to develop a relationship with providing value and to avoid spam selling....

For each of these points take your time to read up/research online and begin implementing.... The most important thing is to get started and get on with it... We all make mistakes and that ultimately - is the best way to learn....

Best of Luck,

Sid

blueclcl

Hi Charissa

If your using Wordpress then there are plugins that can help you.

Wordpress SEO by Yoast and Allin one SEO are two popular ones.

jsmith

yup,

I'm going to start blog. Can anyone suggest me how to do SEO on my blog??
SEO for a blog is not different from SEO for a website or a forum. Even it is easier thatn a forum because it's the place you can post more long articles on each categories.

If you want your blog get high rankings, go search engine optimization on this forum, can be helpful for you to find relevant topics on SEO.

My advice is you need share your blog content daily, building links on forums or drive traffic from social media...etc.

Combine both seo on page and off page will increase your SEO scores of your blog stronger and having more opportunities to pass your competitors on search results.

Fonzan

Yes blueclcl is right, in all my Wordpress sites, I use Yoast WordPress SEO as well.
You can even link your Facebook fanpage insights to your site with this plugin!

dandeedo

If you go and search in Google then you will see there are thousands of posts, videos and tutorials waiting for you! Learn about blog SEO from some of those articles! Why I am feeling that you are trying to increase your post count? :rasta:

edsonbuchanan

The basic thing about SEO with wordpress is to make sure you have the perma links set correctly. Download SEO by yoast and that plugin will do a great job making sure you have doing the best for your SEO. I also use a social share plugin called: netscript, social network.

HostNurse

You did not mention what script you will use for running your blog. I recommend WordPress since it is widely used and supported, you can find all types of plugins which allows to do almost anything with your blog including optimizing your blog for search engines.

Yoast SEO is good popular plugin that enables you to optimize your blog easily. Apart from this, elcidofaguy has covered the basics that you need to focus on.

If you are not sure about something or if you need any info, you can always post your question here on forum and surely members will be more than happy to help.

Samuel Murray

Write content for people, that's the secret;)

kb24

Starting a blog. I don't know what your blog is about but I would do good keyword research to start with. Have social media icons on your blog. If the content is good then your posts or pages will get shared thus giving you traffic to your site. If you are just starting out with SEO I know of a site that might help you out. I am a member there but its free to start out. Just PM me as I can't post signature links yet.

EmmaCarter

Usually, the need of SE Optimization process will vary from businesses, products or services. So, when going for this SEO process, it will be recommended to know your needs and exact demands.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.