Best Tools to download Mysql Database from my web hosting?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hello,

I have problems when I use browsers as chrome or filefox to download my database from cPanel.
it was interrupted while downloading and I didn't know that.
Could you tell me Best Tools/ways to download Mysql Databases from my web hosting?

Thanks
Sorensen

Inquestor

From my experience, you can use Cpanel's database .gzip option. If you want to export pure .sql data, look up MySQLDumper

The backup time depends on your server specs. Just test these out and see what works best :)

P.S. You should check out your php.ini file to see if script execution is less than / equal to 30 seconds. Alot of the time this causes 500 internal server errors while backing up data.

Increase this limit to 3600 seconds (1 hour), save, restart httpd, you should be fine!

boognish

Hello,

I have problems when I use browsers as chrome or filefox to download my database from cPanel.
it was interrupted while downloading and I didn't know that.
Could you tell me Best Tools/ways to download Mysql Databases from my web hosting?

Thanks
Sorensen
Are you trying to download your MySQL database from the "backups" section of cPanel or through the export option in phpMyAdmin? From my experience there shouldn't be any problem clicking on the database you want to download from the backups section. phpMyAdmin I've had problems importing or exporting with certain hosts.

ElixantTechnology

For security purposes, you *shouldn't* be able to access the mentioned folder via. FTP. If you have SSH access to the server, using mysqldump you can create an .sql file in your webroot that you could then download via. FTP, or you could just compress it and download it through your browser easily.

Download database via ftp from the following path:
Code:
/var/lib/mysql/
it will resume when disconnect due to your bad connection.

ElixantTechnology

Another option if you use cPanel, which is a ridiculous workaround in my eyes, would be to install FTP on your home computer and have the SQL backup transferred from the server using cPanel's backup utility. However, it would be more logical that this feature be utilized if you had a separate system in place that these backups automatically get sent to on a daily basis.

I recommend even picking up something along the lines of a Raspberry Pi, slapping an external on it and setting it up as a remote backup system in your home.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.