What will happen if I use images from google on my blog?

margarita

Hi,
What will happen if I use images from google on my blog?
It could be a copyrighted images or images owned by someone.
waiting for valuable replies

blueclcl

You need to be careful in my opinion as you could get in to trouble unless the licence allows you to use them.

If you click on the gearbox icon on Google images and then advanced search, then you can search for images that are free for commercial use.

Besides this, then you can use other image sites.

Pixabay is really good one and offers lots of free images and you DON'T need to credit the owner at all..

The Overseer

DO NOT USE IMAGES FROM GOOGLE IMAGES!!! DO NOT USE IMAGES UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION! Doing so can result in:

1. Penalties from Google and other search engines. (-) SEO points!
2. Trademark Infringement Lawsuits.
3. Copyright Infringement Lawsuits.
4. Forfeiture of assets and property.
5. Jail.
6. Looking like an a$$ at the very least.

GeekGoddess

Well, apart from the risk of getting banned from Google, the owner of the image may charge you with penalties. You may also lose your online credibility, nobody would want to do business with you anymore.

ClassifiedWarrior

All I can say is you better have an L.L.C in place so your business gets sued and you can protect your personal assets.

Honestly, there is a very slim chance you get in trouble, but why risk it.

Content by Rhonda

As you can probably see by now, Margarita, you need to purchase your photos are make sure they are license free or public domain photos. I do get some of my photos from the wikimedia commons area of wikipedia and I also search google for photos that are okay to use for commercial use and free.

Occasionally I purchase from places like Dreamstime, etc. You can also find clipart for free that sometimes is just what your blog article needed to make a point so look everywhere.

Epic

Images on Google images are gathered from other sites, so you need to check the source image and if you are allowed to use it, if you are allowed to use it, is it allowed for personal use only or also for commercial use.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.