Free Hosting vs Paid Hosting ?

Hosting

You will launch a new website? Cannot decide between free hosting or paid hosting?
If you manage an online store, for example, it will require that your site is always accessible by net surfers and always visible. In this case avoid free hosting if you value your presence online.
You shouldnt opt for a free hosting service, for these reasons:

- Limited traffic
This problem arises when site traffic is beginning to take off and exceeds the authorized bandwidth, the site will be blocked and will not be accessible, so it limits his presence on the net and risk losing customers who will never return. This is related in the fact that companies providing free hosting have not implemented the necessary measures to deal with large amounts of traffic. For its part the host may ask you to pay a fee because your traffic exceeds the minimum acquired.

- Absence of technical support
Technical support is the main shortcoming of free hosting. When the website is down or it encounters a problem, you will be limited to a forum to ask questions, no possibility to reach someone by phone or email. Unlike the options offered by the paid hosting which offers a customer service 24hours/24 and 7days/7

- Lack of control
With free hosting you are not able to make changes to your site, or to have a control panel to administrate it. Sometimes your website requires programs that might be useful to your company but you are not allowed to add. As part of a paid hosting service you get a suite of software to manage, to host and to build your website also to have full control over your control administration.

- Below the free hosting
It is impossible to build a presence on the web free hosting mode since your site will include banner ads on your pages. Also you havent control over these ads, the worst that: they could be those of a competitor on the market, something that affects your image.

And ending with the limits of free hosting, we must remember the major risk: free hosting that cost you the loss of your website and domain name if the host has a bankruptcy or any another reason that let him to disappear.

The paid hosting is the most reliable solution to manage and ensure a presence on the net with a cheap investment, benefit from quality service with a network availability of 99,9%.

Anthony M. Dyer

Thanks for all these huge information,so finally we can say Paid hosting is better for those who have secured data and don't wanna to leak some information on the web,in other side free hosting can be used by any kind of user for any task except who have highly credential data.

Last edited:

Mark I. Bentz

after reading this valuable post what I can say :
Free Hosting:-Better for min term website and users who wants to learn.
Paid Hosting:-Having highly confidential data which should be leak globally then ,paid is best.Specially for banking data,ecommercial data etc.

Yuostas

If you ask me, I prefer to deal with paid hosting providers that are time-tested and trusted. Free web hosts are only for testing web sites.
As for reliable paid web host, can recommend you to check alberthost.com - all of their work is based on quality. Their hosting plans include everything you may need for successful running of web sites. Pricing is ok.

Shirley_Sharp

Paid hosting is good if you gone through heavy sites and you have already experienced the problem in free hosting.Free hosting is only better for testing initially for your newly build websites.

ShannonCanon

Free hosting services lagging behind in troubleshooting i.e., technical support, provides free service for a limited period, limited bandwidth, not 99.99% up time every time so it's better to take services from paid hosting companies to avail unlimited benefits.

whland

Nice article. Free hosting is okay for just playing around and learning. But for businesses and serious sites. Paid hosting is the way to go.

Chad

JakePeter

It's matter of your site's data,If you are newbie in hosting then you need to go through Free Hosting, otherwise don't take risk go only with Paid hosting.

BloodMaster

Thanks Hosting....
You give a good info on free and paid Hosting. Previously I prefer paid hosting and after read thread I think I did a good job. Free hosting is not good because limited traffic.

Debra J. Hernandez

Paid is only reliable regarding your data, so I only suggesting you to go through with paid for better performance and security of data.

Anthony M. Dyer

Nice informative artical it is.If you are a new user n you dont have much knowledge about the hosting site than free web hosting services which are unpaid can become fruitfull to upgrad ur knowledge and they can help you to choose most relaible paid hosting services also.

ayanhost

Yes you are right and this is what I tell most of people that you must choose a paid hosting as free hosting has not that enough resources to fullfill all your needs.

JakePeter

JakePeter
But it depends upon age of our domain if we recently create our site and want to take service from hosting companies then better to take service from free hosting providers or can take short term service from paid hosting companies to judge their performance.

BillG

Paid hosting is more trustworthy IMHO. And their support is helpful.

aronmatt3

It is always advantageous to have your business website with paid hosting providers as they are good to support, but with free support you cannot expect quick support or problem rectification in no time. If you have a website that can afford down time and you are not making any money from that then you can try with this.

JoeHamilton

The only benefit from free hosting is it's free, but provide low quality service which is not beneficial for hosting commercial site so better to take service from paid hosting companies.

devpoint

I prefer paid hosting, because data is backed up daily, if not weekly, by paid hosts. On the other hand, free hosting doesnt guarantee that any data backups will be done. You also wouldnt know if the data centers of these free hosts are backed up by power generators and such, therefore you are at risk of losing important data for your website if disasters happen.

Christine99

If you have the business or professional site than the paid hosting is necessary to keep the website value. But if your site is just for time passing or experience the things than its ok with the free web hosting.

www.thesmtp.com

CharlesByrd

Thank you for all this valuable information. :salute:
As some of members are new to hosting service as they don't know what is the drawback in between Paid Hosting and Free Hosting. So these points can impact choosing in between both.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Ric
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.