Does Google PageRank affect Google SERP Ranking?

pathfinder

My friends said me if I have high PR on a page then my keyword on that page will have higher rankings on search results than competitors has lower PR.
Is it right? if yes then why?

elcidofaguy

To a small extent you can see a correlation but in most cases No! .... you need to realize PR (Page Rank) is one of many factors which G uses for ranking assessment... In addition PR is no longer updated and has not been for sometime - (provided to the public)... So my best advice is to ignore PR!!! To be blunt and without going into the details - PR has always been a smokescreen...

To rank high for keywords on serps - your site needs to provide authoritative info on that subject and is recognized for doing so... It is not as simple as having a high PR site and stuffing a keyword on it.... - hence:

Focus your efforts on other metrics such as Moz DA, Majestic CF/TF etc as well as getting traffic/links from authority sites as well as social platforms... together with quality content deserving of the top position i.e. think about your CTR and bounce rates too as this has an influence of your rankings...

In addition be careful not to over optimize your keywords on your site as well as backlinking with keeping you link profile to contain 10% or less on commercial anchor text (my preference) with long tail variation with the rest consisting of branding, naked URLs, and generic text e.g. click here etc.... Also keep velocity well below your monthly traffic amount as G has a good idea as to traffic based on SERP results - that is if you want to stay under the radar and avoid the penguin slap...

I hope that helps! Best of Luck,

Sid

richadrverma

Pagerank is important factors but we can't say it for ranking because many times website having pr 0 can ranked better than a good pr website. It depend mainly on quality of content & backlinks.

Reactions: stanton

stanton

stanton
You are right, PR doesn't matter if our website is quality and know which we are focusing on or targeting.
A website pr 7 or 8 but can get lesser traffic than a website just pr 2 or 3. That's happening everywhere.

raj kumar

page rank is a metrics that Google measures and is a kind of authority.
i will explain you what happens when your content is not fresh, lets say your page with High PR but recently, say 6 months you didn't work for fresh content and internet marketing. So your site lacks fresh content, in the mean time, a new web page with fresh content and regular internet activity of content marketing comes up.
Although in 6 months you will not substantially loose PR, but certainly ranking. So winner is who is offering more fresh and updated information. In many cases new web pages are displayed because of this parameter. It is not possible to rank higher for a Low PR above high PR, all activity being equal. :beer_smile:

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.