Yahoo vs Google

Wyvh

I agree with the fact that Yahoo! looks good, and when I started using it 6 years ago, I really liked it.. until I discovered the deepness of Google. Now, i'm into G.

Website Design Ltd

It's kind of like looking at the Roman & Global Empires. Whilst the remnants of the Roman Empire (Yahoo) might look like a collection of artifacts from a far simpler bygone era, our current Global Empire (I'm not speaking literally, nor advocating empericism) is a product of both the successes and failures of everything to have come before it.

Google took on board Yahoo's former powerhouse position, and have since developed and shaped the search and digital advertising landscape to benefit it's own continual success. As a result, it's indoctrinated more or less everyone, including myself. But the fact of the matter is, that's because it works. Not only that, but it works far better than anything else around, including it's only other main competition (God forbid), Bing.

Google is Goliath, and it's going to take one hell of a David to knock them off their pedestal. I'm really mixing my analogies now, but in all seriousness, there isn't anybody else around that can hold a candle to them.

Yahoo is about as user-friendly as a sack of angry cats.

Wyvh

Wyvh
Gosh, I absolutely love your point of view and explanations.
I'm having a general question that goes through my mind at this very moment : What site would you place between Yahoo! and Google ?

Website Design Ltd

I'll be honest, as much as I hate them, Bing are still superior to Yahoo at this moment in time. If only because they actually have some traction as a search engine, and are fairly effective for video search. As a paid advertising platform, it's just not complex enough to be able to compete with Google.

Wyvh

To be honest aswell, I highly doubt any of them will be able to surpass Google, no matter how much (money/time) they spend on the project. Even the new search engines that allow the users to plant a tree per search or something similar don't get to become popular, even though their objectif is very respectable.

pandooh

Google has become the definition of everything nowadays. Yahoo is more on news, for me. I now rarely use yahoo as my email account. I know use google since it connects to most of the sites like youtube. Google has expanded more than Yahoo. I think yahoo never expanded. They would only change their appearance. Unlike google who already have everything we look for.

jon99

Google's algorithm keeps changing in order for us to get better search results and accurate information

denverdonate

I prefer Google for simple reason - I have always use it, after Alt Vista in the 90s. I have tried Yahoo few times,
but it has few things compering to Google which i don't like:

- No maps, local searching is more informative in Google
- Search results are better with Google, at least in Finnish

Have to say that Yahoo looks lot better though.
Yahoo doesn't even use its own search results most of the results are provided by Bing.

stephenrobes

I prefer Google for simple reason - I have always use it, after Alt Vista in the 90s. I have tried Yahoo few times,
but it has few things compering to Google which i don't like:

- No maps, local searching is more informative in Google
- Search results are better with Google, at least in Finnish

Have to say that Yahoo looks lot better though.
Google supplies its users such quick benefits, Yahoo's homepage holds more appeal for its own users. The two Google along with Yahoo offer distinct advantages. They have different ranking algorithms and systems. Thanks

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views