Which operating system do you prefer?

laurence

I'm using a PC with windows system for it. I don't think i will change to a new system, it gave me all things I need.

I'm wondering why you want to switch to Mac soonish? It has any advantages over PC?

PaulSmurphyy7

I've recently upgraded to Windows 8 and really dislike it. Specification wise, a PC will do the same as a Mac (I'm sure?) but the Windows 8 OS is really throwing me off.

I've also never owned a mac and want to get bit of change :)

Are you running Windows 8?

elcidofaguy

Epic

I am using Windows 7 since it came out and I like it, I did not update my to Windows 8 as I did not hear much positive feedback about it.

ElixantTechnology

Windows 7 is my primary choice for a desktop environment, though I am excited for Windows 10. When it comes down to it, for Servers with complete customization, I choose Gentoo. The longest time it took me to install and configure a gentoo box was 107 hours, the thing was a beast though. For conventional servers that I house my customers on however, CentOS is my #1 choice. In the end, you'd never catch me dead using MacOS. Those douchebags ripped off the core of FreeBSD, and said that their core operating system was their own.

Max Pen

Windows 7 is what I like the most. And i'm not just speaking for myself. Most people like Windows 7 the most and that is because it sticks to what users want and not what Microsoft thinks users want as seen in Windows 8 which is a total flop.

web-project

I like Windows 7 and Windows in general as more software is available for it. I tried in past the Mac, it's not complicated, it's very easy but I couldn't find any use.

In my opinion the Windows 8 is failed to deliver the expectation, this is reason why Microsoft moved to Windows 8.1 adding start menu back but consumers are still not 100% satisfied with it and it's reason again Microsoft moving so quickly to Windows 10 with proper start menu option.

PaulSmurphyy7

One of the main reasons why I'm soon changing to mac is because I'm also a photographer and video editor. When it comes to that sort of stuff, a mac is better in my opinion :)

MightWeb

Windows is my preferred choice - but then again, it varies depending on what I do. On the work computer, I run Xubuntu, as it actually speedens a lot of the tasks I do up. If I design something (which I rarely do as it's not exactly a primary skill), I have a Mac Mini sitting here that I power up for that instance. For anything else though, I'll vote Windows all the way.

Hyuga

I'm using Windows 8.1, but by now I used from Windows 94, Vista, XP, Seven, etc.
I am an Windows fan :)

prasila

idem @Hyuga

I sterted with '95 (not 94 :), XP, skipped Vista, 7 and I staid a while under 7, but finally decided to go 8.1 and I'm glad

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.