Did Google remove Pagerank?

Miguel R

Anyone confirm me Google removed Pagerank as a factor to calculate SEO ranking or they will update it in this year?

Waiting for valuable replies

elcidofaguy

Google will not be updating PR this year.... and the last update has been more than two years... Forget about PR....!!! That aside PR has always been a smoke screen and only offers a very partial view which I would relate more to how well a website is established but not to be used as to how much G trusts/ranks a website.... To assess a websites value use other metrics such as MOZ DA, Majestic CF/TF etc...

HostNurse

According to Google representatives, there might not be a new update for Page Rank.

bijutoha

As I know Google doesn't care about PR. Last year, John Mueller from Google said "I wouldnt use PageRank or links as a metric. We’ve last updated PageRank more than a year ago (as far as I recall) and have no plans to do further updates. Think about what you want users to do on your site, and consider an appropriate metric for that." And still it isn't update yet. As I know last updated was on December 6, 2013. Basically, Google is careful about PR.

DarrenIO

These days I think it's just about PA (Page Authority) & DA (Domain Authority). I guess Pagerank has some value but not like it once did to me nowadays I think it's about how often a page gets crawled and how quick pages get indexed.

tk-hassan

Google PR and search engine rankings are the two different things and your Google PR doesn't necessarily guarantee to have better search engine rankings. I have seen many websites with very low PR maintaining a first page listings on Google over the period of time by doing regular SEO on your website in the right manner.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.