How to do SEO for a Video

LizaAryanna

Hi guys,
what things do I need to do for a youtube video search engine optimization to make it get high positions on search engines. Is there any youtube people or experts about SEO could share techniques about this aspect.
Is a video rank differnet from ranking for an article or a page?.

Thanks in advanced.

BeeMobile

As far as I know, search engines are not yet able to see/understand the content of a video so how could it really help to get it ranked better?
What do you mean by "high quality images"? Or is it related to what I said just above?

Sorry, I cannot help on this topic. Just curious about the answers from LauraSpringer but I'm very interested by all the answers other will give here.

Nytshade

Social bookmarking? Blog commenting? I wouldn't go that route.

Videos rank well on youtube because of 2 things:

1. Watch time - how much time people spend on your video has a great effect, if they watch till the end then that shows youtube that your video is useful and has the info the person is searching for.
2. Backlinks - a few strong backlinks will go a long way as compared to hundreds of bookmarks and blog comments.

Search the forum to learn more about building good backlinks if you don't know how. But those are the 2 most important factors.

Also add your keywords in the title, description and tags (metadata). Check the videos that are ranking well for the keyword you're targeting, right click on the video and select "view page source" to see what tags they're using and add relevant ones in your videos.

Add related keywords in the metadata as well so that you can rank for different keywords.

RohitGovindraj

Optimizing video:
1.) Create high quality video.
2.) Do comment, increase views and likes.
3.) Use that video in web 2.o. as well as in different SEO task, wherever you can use.

escapeadvertising

Yes its play a role.
1)Keyword optimization (Check from keyword planner how many hits AVG monthly on that)
2)Description (Write a description which cover the mostly targeted keywords)
3)uploaded video after that promote on the social site as well.

Thanks

emily

we all know that video is a very powerful tools for business but the problem is that most of the people prepare a video and they upload it in youtube and think that it will go viral but the truth is that unless and until you optimize the video. it will not be seen by people. The following are the best steps to make your video visible top in youtube.

* Title: Include you main keyword in the title for 3 times.
Ex: best Funny videos, Top funny videos, funny videos 2015. Here i used my main keyword (funny videos) more than 3 times in the title.
* Description: The description is very important, for every video should be minimum 200 words but if add more between 200 to 400 it will be helpful. Add all your secondary keywords in the description.
* Website URL: It will be very helpful if you add your website URL at the starting of your description, So that it can easily seen.

talukdar

Applying SEO to your Youtube Video
There are two categories in Youtube ranking factors. There’s your Video Content and then there’s your User Engagement. These two things make up pretty much most of your Youtube SEO. You see, Youtube’s search engine does not work like how Google does. Youtube’s search engine cannot directly tell if your keywords are inside the video. It cannot directly tell if your video is relevant to the tags you put in. So what exactly does it use to know which videos rank first?
Video Content Factors

Title
Description
Tags
Transcription
Channel Authority
Content Delivery

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.