What are the biggest challenges that online marketers face?

sonyasparks

I have been trying to make money online since last 2 years ago but I have failed more times or earn less or nothing than I have thought.
I don't really know the biggest challenges that I faced what they are, can you show me what are the biggest challenges that online marketers face?

jenniferwhite

I think

No one reads what you write.
No one reads what they share.
Expectations of advertising are upside down.

Nytshade

Being all over the place, or what's know as shiny object syndrome (information overload). Most people can't focus on one thing and master it before they can try other things. So stick to one thing till it makes you a stable income then you can try other things.

People are just all over the place that is why they don't make it online or make pennies here and there. So you need to focus and avoid information overload.

The internet marketing world is all about how bad you really want it! So you need a strong "WHY". One other thing you need to know is that part time effort brings in part time income and full time effort brings in full time income, Period!

So people fail online either because they're lazy (they give up easily, no warrior spirit) or they're just all over the place and try every new thing they come across.

Other people simply fail because they only want to use new strategies or what's trending in IM at the time. Forget the hype, old strategies are the best especially if they're still recommended in today's world!

Hope that helps.

BeeMobile

I think the biggest challenge is to be seen. You must be able to put your site in front of your viewers, the people who will be interested by what you have to say and to sell. If you have the most beautiful website with lots of qulaity content but nobody knows it, you can still wait to see money in your bank account.
The problem is SEO seems so difficult for me, at least.

oldnickb

The biggest challenge is to get focused.

Find one thing and ignore everything else. Choose a method for generating traffic and learn everything you can about it then do it. Concentrate on one thing. Tweek it and twist it. Test it and track it. Become an expert on it.

One thing that you can do very well is the basis for a range of products. Then you can diversify.

If you look at the big names most of them have a core product area and everything else flows from that.

emailjunkie

The biggest challenge I see marketers face is not knowing how to do proper research, you have to do proper research. Then you can focus on solving your niche problems

The biggest challenge most people face is information over load, they focus on all the wrong things, they over complicate internet marketing. They waste time doing activities that for the most part will not make them any money.

I have been marketing online a very long time, and my first two years I basically made no money, I spent way more money then the few commissions I ever made. I needed to make this work badly, I was financially ruined at the time, I had went bankrupt a couple years before and literally lost everything I owned, I was seriously living in welfare housing. Some nights I was literally crying while I was working online, I couldn't understand why this was not working for me, and I needed to make it work so badly.

Then one day I got and read a email from someones list I was on (he is one of my mentors now), it was like a giant light bulb went off in my head...I finally understood why all these successful marketers kept telling me to build my email list, something in that email, the way it was wrote made complete sense..

I remember I was so excited I could hardly contain myself..I was completely ready to restart my journey to make money online, I just knew with my new profound understanding of what email marketing really was, that I would now make money. And in the next 30 days, I made more money then I had in the prior two years combined! It was not a ton of money, but for me it was a start and it was working...

There are two things in my experience, you should focus on , these two things set me free.

1. Traffic
Send all your traffic to squeeze pages (pages with an opt-in form on it), presenting your offer. I never send traffic to any page that does not have the ability to build my list, and my offer is always there sometimes in multiple places, especially on my blogs and websites.

2. Email marketing
Follow up with your email list, encourage them, share whats working for you, tell them about you, ask them to reply to your emails. Connect with them by giving them your email, skype or facebook page. Tell stories to sell your products, services or affiliate programs.

This is how you simplify internet marketing, you always follow these two rules everyday, and set goals around them.

Traffic- Build traffic each and everyday to your squeeze pages. You should use both free and paid traffic. If you only trade your time for traffic it will be a looooooong haul! Start with a small budget and reinvest your profits, there are many very inexpensive traffic sources. If you do this right, you should be able to add over 300 subscribers to your email list in just your first thirty days. You scale this up as you make money. I use both long term and short term traffic strategies, because some traffic strategies can take a long time to understand and know how to do to get results. You want opt-ins everyday, it should be your goal.

Email your list-
Send at least 1 broadcast email message to your personal email list everyday (YES EVERYDAY).
Encourage them, share whats working for you, tell them about you, ask them to reply to your emails. Connect with them by giving them your email, skype or facebook page. Tell stories to sell your products, services or affiliate programs.

If you do these two things everyday, and learn good solid traffic driving skills along the way, you will make money I guarantee it.

The faster you build your email list, the faster you will make money.

If you have other lofty ambitions to build websites and software and affiliate programs etc... Great!...but do not spend all your time doing this, especially if you have got hung up on it. I know marketers who make over a million dollars a year, and they never have had their own products or membership sites or anything, they made all their money promoting other peoples programs and products, by mastering email marketing and using all their traffic to build their list. Do not get caught up in things that consume all of your time, but are not putting people on your email list, and money in your pocket..You can always take time when you have the process working right later on.

So if you know how to build a squeeze page, or have some tech skills, build one with your offer on it. Then focus your time and energy driving traffic to it day in and day out. If you do not have a clue how to build one, they are not very difficult to learn how to do, otherwise find an affiliate program with done for you squeeze pages that you can connect to an autoresponder.

This is why I make my own living online teaching people this process, because I remember what it was like to do every thing wrong and get no where real fast.

KajalChakraborty11

The biggest challenge the internet marketers face is the lack of visibility of online visitors in their website. This happens due to low quality and the less responsive website that they have build. Another reason is that visitors won't find their website much attractive which minimizes the number of number of traffic from the website and won't show any positive response to them. Even the competitions they faced from their competitors is a tough challenge they face to promote their business in the online world.

Archana

Few of the challenges that online marketers face are:

1. Targeting Effectively
2. Generating Awareness and Driving Traffic
3. Keeping Up With Marketing Trends and Strategies
4. Using Social Media to Generate Customers and Revenue
5. Increasing and Proving ROI

MrGravyCakes

I would say that the biggest challenge, or at least one of them, is spending your money wisely. You could spend your money on some things that don't work as well as something else would have done and that cna be very annoying :p

elijahcamp1

I honestly think the biggest challenge is motivation. How do you stay motivated after failures and working alone all day?

SEOPub

I would say the biggest challenge is traffic.

New IM'ers will often times spend weeks building what they feel is this amazing site that offers great value. Problem is they never had a viable plan for generating traffic. They thought that a few people would see it and tell the rest of the world about it.

Learn to build traffic. If you can flood a site with tons of visitors, the site could be total trash and you will still make some money off of it.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.