Why you moved your sites to a new web hosting?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
I'm sure a web hosting provide will not want their customers move sites to a different web hosting and stop using their services but it happen more when customer services downed.
For our company, we moved over 4 different web hosting providers for 6 years and now staying with a VPS.

what about you, have you ever moved your site to a new web hosting or put them forever with a web host?

I'm just curios why you moved your sites to a new web hosting if you did it in the past?

Any shares?

elcidofaguy

Yep the number one reason for moving hosts on my part has been downtime and poor performance/bandwidth.... to even losing my websites with the webhost asking me to use my own backups to restore the site....

My set-up these days is to separate domain registrar from the webhost... That way its easy to move webhosts with changing the DNS settings... Its also a useful setup should you wish to mitigate against DDOS attacks on a given webserver... Simply change the DNS and restore backup on another web server and hopefully you'll be out of trouble if that makes sense...

Marlyn

Marlyn
I left my previous web host mainly because of its poor performance. I am running a small business website and my main visitors are in China and i hosted with godaggy before moving. However, i found my site ran very slowly. I could not stand it. I searched on the web and learned that i should move my site to a web host with servers in China. Then, i googled keywords best chinese web hosting and chose several hosts. Then, I contacted their online support staffs and read customer reviews on site. Finally, i moved to zhuji91. I feel so lucky to find this web because my site runs much faster than before.

LatiaEmmie

I don't use a web hosting all the time, switch a better web hosting may imrpove my website loading speed and user experience.

Some problems I faced and I have to move to a new hosting
- CPU usage
- DDOS any time
- Support slowly
- Low speed web hosting
- No full support for my wordpress blog, it happened when I used WP blog on godaddy hosting, I moved to new host later.

I think moving to a new hosting should be considered after years if your web hosting services are going down.

MightWeb

There can really be a multitude of reason as to why you'd switch hosts. The main players are obviously going to be uptime and performance, as those will be parts that affect your visitors experience. However, I've seen many switch due to bad support, price or just for the sake of trying something new.

For me personally, what I deem important is uptime and performance. I'd rarely need support unless there's something that is off limits, meaning that's not a key factor for me. Price is also less important to me as I'm willing to pay for quality.

hostbrink

Ask your web host if you are moving from a shared to shared hosting with cpanel. if you are moving from VPS to VPS then using SSH is best option for moving sites...

vietnamtravel

I move our website to new hosting because old hosting is not good, support is not good and do not support Google Apps, create business email with gmail.

jamesalan

When a webhosting company does not provide good support, its time to leave that hosting company and move to another..

dcb1101

I actually like trying out different web hosting providers to test them out and compare the different offerings. I'm actually thinking about starting g a hosting reviews site/blog. We'll see. I know there are already a bunch of them, but seems most are just spammy reviews and affiliate links.

sharplesson

You will move to the new web hosting, just becase:

1) low web space provided.
2) more downtime
3) Probably most of the time you will find your website offline.
4) Slow speed.

thanks
web hosting tips
sharplesson

dianaazura

My set-up these days is to separate domain registrar from the webhost... That way its easy to move webhosts with changing the DNS settings... Its also a useful setup should you wish to mitigate against DDOS attacks on a given webserver. I'm actually thinking about starting g a hosting reviews site/blog. I move our website to new hosting because old hosting is not good, support is not good and do not support Google Apps, create business email with gmail.

proka

Sometimes company management can change and make the hosting service worse. I have migrated couple times and I think its not over :))

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
You've got a pretty valid point there, and we see this most commonly when a provider is acquired by a company such a EIG. Untimately what you should do is next time you switch, make sure you select a provider that is not owned/operated by this umbrella company. What you should do is choose a small/medium company to host your website, not a large corporate entity. The reasoning behind this is specifically customer service, but also the fact that these large companies spend more on marketing than they do on making their customers happy.

tk-hassan

The most common reason of switching to a new web hosting would be the high uptime which you are not getting from your existing hosting company OR may be you are not getting reasonable response from their support.

MightWeb

One thing that I forgot, that's worth mentioning on this topic, is that some clients also switch due to prinicple. Many companies run big promotions every now and then targetted toward new client acquisitions. When existing clients can not take part of said promotions, some would leave simply on the principle that they feel entitled to it.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views