Best ways to do keyword research?

McCauley

Keyword research is a time consuming process, but it's absolutely critical to make sure you're going to see a positive return on investment. I used to use keyword tool to research keywords and its volumes on each keyword I'm caring...Just curious what are your ways to do keyword research and why?

Nytshade

What I do is to take websites that I know are popular in the niche I'm in, then analyze them using Semrush and then check which keywords their ranking for. Semrush also gives me the number of searches the keyword gets every month.

Then I choose the keywords I like from all the websites and simply outrank those websites :DD: most of the time though, not always.

There's a lot of tools you can use to check keywords a website is ranking for, like Alexa or Google Keyword Planner.

Other methods would be to use Google suggest. Just go to google.com and search for your keyword but don't hit enter. For instance you can type "Make Money" and hit space bar on your keyboard then Google will suggest different popular key phrases people use. I took a screenshot to give you an example, check the image below:

Google Suggest.jpg

A great tool that will make this process a lot easier is ubersuggest.org

Another great tip is to find keywords that are going to be popular. You simply go to news.google.com then type "announced" + keyword and google will give you the latest announced stuff in your niche.

Try different keywords and always be broad don't use long tail keywords. If you have a good authority site your blog post will also show up in Google News when people search for that new thing.

Magazines are other great places to find good keywords. Check out magazines in your niche, look at the latest issue, you should find some great keywords in there.

You can also go to flippa, check which websites were just sold then analyze the sites in your niche using Semrush, Alexa or Keyword Planner.

There's more you can do to find good keywords, but hope that helps :)

emily

Your competitors are the source, analysis your competitors website for what key word they are ranking and try to use those keywords and create a title with those keywords and make a very good description covering all those targeted keywords, which your competitor is used . So this the best way to implement for keyword research.

SEOPub

Honestly, the only truly effective way to do keyword research is to run an AdWords campaign with a lot of related broad match terms.

First, there is no other tool that will bring back the sheer volume of keywords that broad match terms in an AdWords campaign will find.

Second, you can see which keywords actually convert. Nothing sucks more than spending months to rank for a group of keywords only to find that they do not convert the way you thought they would.

Every other method really is inferior.

And please do not tell me that AdWords is too expensive. It is a a hell of a lot cheaper than wasting your time for 4 months on something that is not going to work.

Binujha

Google Keyword Planner is the best free tool. It gives ideas of keyword usage in all aspects. Other than this you can make use of Semrush for analyzing your competitor site keywords. Spyfu also works well.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.