Hire a SEO agency or do SEO by myself, which is better?

James Hailey

Hey there,

I would like to hear your advice on how to do SEO for my blog, I should do SEO by my self or hiring a SEO agency to rank for it
Which is better and why?
Please share your honest answers.

Thanks!
James

SEOPub

I think this is a pretty obvious question. Should you do SEO yourself? Well, do you know how to? Do you want to be spending the time to do it?

As for hiring an SEO agency? Can you afford one? I mean a good one. Not the crappy $50-400/month SEOs. And if you can afford one, is it worth it to hire one? Will you make a ROI if you do?

James Hailey

James Hailey
Have no more time to do SEO myself although I still do backlinks and write content for my blog weekly or at least monthly.
What is a good one? How to know how It's a good SEO service?
I don't think about ROI if I do, just when hiring a good one because SEO is worth.

SEOPub

I would interview a few SEOs to find a good one. I would want to see a couple of examples of sites they have ranked.

And just to let you know, blogging weekly really has nothing to do with SEO. Most blogs actually hurt a site's SEO more than help it.

james01

Hiring a professional SEO Agency is better idea because as you know there are various updates come for Google or others search engines for SEO, so the time has change, you need to know how to work in today trend for better ranking and ROI.

drastic

You can learn it.

There's no guarantee from any of those services anyway. May as well teach yourself something.

Everything you need to know about SEO is available via Google. Most of it is common sense anyway.

kevinarndale

There are several reasons as to why you should hire the services of a professional SEO company:
1) They are doing that professionally and they know their job
2) They are well aware of the changes in search engines (various updates and all) and so can adjust their work strategy
3) There is a lot of work to be done in SEO (including SMO) which you might not be fully aware of. Professional SEO companies have been doing those things for several years and are experts in that regard
4) You need good content for SEO work. Can you write well and professionally from the SEO point of view using the right keywords and distributing them well?
5) There is a thing called "over optimization." Are you sure you can handle that?

gksankit

It is depend upon yourself -
If you have complete knowledge about SEO then you self do it otherwise take the help SEO agency.

ericplotz1

I run a digital agency and I will tell you personally, I kill my competition for one reason.

I don't operate like your typical white hat SEO professional. I do some manual SEO but I've been doing it for long enough that I outsource to people who will do $10k worth of SEO for $720. Literally $720 a month and I outrank huge competition for businesses that I charge $4k a month to.

I'm a digital agency and I outsource to over seas.

Big businesses outsource their work to overseas.

Most digital agencies are beginning to hire from the Philippines and other countries. I know I speak with the big guys.

So, I say that to say, if you can and you know what you are doing, then outsource to developing countries. Don't know what you are doing? Do your research and find an affordable SEO agency that does quality work for a low price. I'm not giving a low price ;P

I'm gonna ride the money train until the tracks end. So are most digital agencies that actually get results.

I do a lot of manual work too.

Like checking the work I outsource to make sure it's A++ lol

danno

SEO is like any other part of your business, if you have the time and skills to do it yourself then why not? If you're out-sourcing then it comes down to due diligence, doing research on various providers, a word of mouth recommendation helps

emilylynch

Hiring an SEO agency is a better idea. If you are doing SEO on your own, it might take most of your time. For beginners, it will be a very time consuming process to learn things in SEO. However if you outsource the SEO work, you can easily get the results you want to achieve. They will take care of the things from social media presence to ranking your keywords. I also recommend hiring SEO work to overseas SEO agencies but you might want to learn the process of SEO. You may have to guide and check their SEO process.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.