Joomla vs Wordpress

Danlucy

Anyone tried Joomla

Any comparisons between Joomla and Wordpress, which is better?

Gery

I don't want to open a new topic because there are so many of them about this. Honestly, I hate Wordpress. Ugly admin interface with tons of disturbing messages.Continuous updates which may make everything broke. Very weak security, I need plugins to secure my website.

I'm thinking about moving to Joomla. But I'm not sure because the one thing I really like is Visual Composer. It's an amazing site building plugin. Or is there any new alternative?

AMBTL

In 2010 I tested shortly WordPress, Drupal and Joomla. I decided to go with Drupal then. Somehow I didn't like Joomla at all, but it doesn't mean that it is a bad CMS, just personal preference.

In 2013 I switched to WordPress and don't regret it. There are plugins for everything, so I can concentrate more on content. But you should pay more attention to security. WordPress is much more popular, so there are more sick people trying to break into other people's WordPress sites.

Drupal is great, but I can achieve what I want faster in WordPress.

Zack

To me I think that joomla is just harder to do things with and is tougher to learn it. When I started using wordpress it was rather easy to learn how to do everything that needed to do. Plus there is a lot more stuff out there for wordpress.

Gery

Yeah, that's why I asked because I think too that Wordpress is easier and it has more plugins and that's vital. My personal favourite was Drupal but it doesn't have the plugin base that WP does. Drupal core is a powerful CMS, probably the best but it lacks of plugins. Wordpress is a piece of sh** with a text editor and 10-15 options :D with TONS OF PLUGINS. WHY? And that is why I'm thinking now about joomla because it seems to be a noce compromise.

kim16

I thought Wordpress was overrated. But when I finally got to get my hands on Joomla, I realized that WP is way more user friendly. Joomla necessitates for basic understanding of technical coding.

davebusiness86s

Until now, I don't see any platform can defeat Wordpress. It's very easy too use, and many developers has developed plugins for Wordpress. It support so much for your website building even make me think, why would you choose another platform

vishwa

WordPress is very intuitive and easy to manage. Joomla is little bit complicated and also big in size compare to WordPress. Joomla is only for developers and need in depth knowledge of coding.

Riviera

I hame used Joomla and Wordpress for years. But finally, i choose Wordpress.
I'm not good at coding and designing. Wordpress is easier to control, manage, customize than Joomla. The Wordpress development community and support forum is really crowded than others. You can easily find the plugins, support. That's why i choose wordpress at the web platform.

Gh0st4unt3r

Wordpress is the better choice for quick simple and user friendly environment though both communities have great support. With Joomla i found in the past that you have to have some form of tech skill to accomplish some desired outcome, whereby with wordpress you can plug and play so to speak as you can expand it very quickly and easy to how you want it to work and act for your website.

if i was to choose then it would be Wordpress for simple and quickness you can build a website along with how user friendly it is.

Last edited:

Claire_Anderson

Both Joomla and WordPress are source free. Both of them are primarily written in PHP and have a large community support and plugins to make development easier for the users. WordPress takes a few minutes to install as compared to Joomla. WordPress do not offer multi-language option out of the box and to use different languages the users have to install plugins but Joomla has the capability to handle multi languages without an extension or plugin. There are over 25 million WordPress users and in terms of user friendliness, WordPress is more user friendly than Joomla.

contentranked

As a person who's used both, Joomla certainly is exciting and has its advantages, but Wordpress is just so damn good. I agree 100% with Claire that Wordpress is user friendly. In what took me 3 hours to set up a few pages in Joomla, took 10 - 20 minutes to do in Wordpress.

Plus, I love the plugins.

ulterios

ulterios
That is about exactly what it took me when I first tried to use both of these for the first time. Joomla has some nice things going for it but it just isn't as easy to setup when you have never dealt with it before.

WordPress is awesome for people new to the software in comparison.

joed77

You can consider WordPress as Windows, and Joomla as Mac. Joomla has beautiful interface, has less plugins but effective and faster.
I'm like the Joomla ambassador here.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.