What is the Best Alternative to Photoshop?

kim16

I like photoshop but it takes forever to use it. What programs are you guys using that you find work better than photoshop?
What in particular are you currently doing? If you're editing photos, then Photoshop is best option to go for. If you're working with shapes, vectors, then AI is just right. Sony Vegas for video editing.

joed77

When ever I struggle with Photoshop I'll go for Gimp, free is not the only thing good about it. actually there are a lot of great open source alternatives, I have discovered them via Linux when I installed a Distro called "Artistx".

vicsylicious

Hello, I always used Picasa because it was adequate with someone like myself with only basic computer skills. I tried something new which is Gimp, my friends also use this software. However i found it a bit complicated and felt I could not be able to master it. Basically all I needed were 3 things, cropping tool, a lens dirt removal tool and a contrast and light tool. My advice would be not to give up on Gimp because It suits the sacrifice. I have been using Gimp for my Photo Editing Business.

srenee

I use and love! Canva.com - they have a free version and a Pro version - I got the pro as it allows one to safe images with transparent backgrounds. It is not a photo-editing programs, but it great to make banners and such for social media and custom 'print on demand' products. I have tried Photoshop a few times, but it will take a lot more of time to learn and I have not needed. At this point, it makes more sense to use Fiverr services for the projects I have had.

RajSS

If you are trying to be a professional editor, then the best alternative would be Corel Draw. And if you are trying to do simple edits by maintaining the Photoshop like editing quality, then you can go with adobe lightroom, GIMP, Picasa, etc. It will be easy to use these editors, but I would say that Photoshop is the all in one best editing software, just use it daily, you will get used to it.

mrseth1993

The best alternative to Photoshop for me is Gimp. It is way to simple and the tools are easy to use. It has a lot of features same as Photoshop. It has more artistic brushes and not that complicated to use. I would recommend also Gimp for beginners in photo editing before using a Photoshop to have some backgrounds on editing. Animations also here is possible especially when rendering a gif image, it's fine and it's noise is lesser than Photoshop rendering. You can notice it if you've tried.

sarahpotato

If you only want basic editing like color correcting, cropping pictures, putting vignette etc. A great alternative would be Adobe lightroom. I use it to color correct my pictures faster. You can also use it to sort your pictures and scan the photos that you took. Its very simple and fast.

But if you want a more professional looking picture the best way to go is really adobe photoshop because it has a lot of tools that can help you to improve your pictures.

I want to recommend picasa but I think the pictures always look like a drawing when I use it and it produces "snapchat like" pictures. but hey it does the job so why not.

bullet

Coreldraw, Illustrator and Indesign. You can try this software less hassle to learn because it's like Photoshop although some tools are different but if you learned that it's too easy to design.

ansada73

Hi. There are two graphic editors I use frequently, depending on what I need to do: the GIMP, which I use solely for editing bitmapped/raster graphics, and Inkscape for illustrations and artwork. Both are open-source software, free (as in beer and speech), and cross-platform (works OOTB in Linux, Windows and Mac).

There's also Krita, another open-source, cross-platform software that primarily focuses on digital painting.

yuekai

You can use Picasa, but to tell you honestly there is no software now who can achieve what photoshop can do. Photoshop is not really difficult if you will just learn the basic, it's all about your own technique on how you will do the job more faster. Even a kids now has knowledge about photoshop basic, so I suggest instead looking of alternative try to spend a little bit of your time to learn this amazing photoshop.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.